Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

I applied online following the instruction on their website for the internship program. I received an email about a month later asking me to come into the office for an interview the next day, so i didnt have much time to prepare. The interviewer was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I felt more like we were just having a conversation, which was a nice change of pace. The interview was about 45 minutes-an hour. Three weeks later i received an email telling me that i had been selected for the intern program.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you were in and how you handled it   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

interviewed with HR and then editor

Designer Interview

Interview

it was very quick and casual, only one interview with one manager

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Be prepared to be treated with disrespect. It is very apparent that they don't value your time. I waited 30 minutes for a 30 minute interview, in which the hiring manager answered her phone three times.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

straight-forward phone interview, decision took about 3 weeks

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you good for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You take what they offer and you'll like it.

SENIOR DIGITAL EDITOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I was freelancing at Condé Nast and I was asked if I wanted a full-time position. I happily said yes. Then came the long, drawn-out process of meeting with everyone important on the digital and print sides. This took about 2 months. The HR interview was speedy and perfunctory.

Interview Questions

• What are you most passionate about when it comes to writing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted a specific amount (I needed to relocate from upstate NY for the position), and they low-balled me by $5k. Aim high if you are negotiating with them.

Role With Style.com Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2016.

Interview

Applied directly, got contacted by HR with a time and date for interview already selected without any prior conversation or email exchange to discuss availability. Replied to advise I would be travelling that day so would be unable to attend, gave some alternative days but never heard back.

Facilities Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was my bizarre job interview ever. I've applied for the position online. I was first invited for “informal chat” which lasted no more than 10 minutes. The conversation was mostly about the company and the role. We agreed on arranging “a proper” interview for the following week. I never heard from them again. I can only imagine that I was judged by my appearance, age or nationality. I found this approach extremely unprofessional and discriminating. This is not the right way to treat people and make them feel this way.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.