Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.6

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked to complete a video questionnaire as to skill set and background at the request of a recruiter. Once I did the eight questions, I was rejected less than 5 minutes later. Guessing it is due to looks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all about background.   1 Answer

Editorial Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone. They asked me to come in the following week to meet with editors. They copied me on an email that no one responded to. Very shady.

Advertising Sales Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in June 2017 and was invited to an interview a few days later. The interview process was short - we were asked to complete a short personality/aptitude test and then participated in individual 5 minute interviews that asked a few concise questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Account Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Milan (Italy)) in September 2016.

Interview

the process was extremely easy. the first interview is a phone call where the HR ask about your CV. then two interviews one with HR and one with the manager

Digital Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Interviewed with HR recruit, chatted briefly about job expectations. Unlike your average HR pre-screen, she surprisingly had very in depth knowledge of department work flow/ responsibilities. Received two, three followup calls but did not end up with an interview.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews, a phone interview with HR, one with the Manager and one with the Director. I then had to fill out references where they asked all of them a series of questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email and provided with a link to an app called 'take the interview', was given 48 hours to complete a video interview. I submitted the interview (written questions; 2-minute video response per question) The app was easy enough to use but I suggest using a laptop instead of a tablet or iPad. The response was less than appropriate, I heard back around 10 am the next morning with a snarky NO.

Interview Questions

• Q1 Describe your background -general resume overview   Answer Question
    • Q2 Why do you think you would do well as a sales assistant   Answer Question
    • Q3 When given a series of tasks how do you prioritize your workload (what are your best practices)   Answer Question
    • Q4 Favorite Conde Nast brand and why   Answer Question
    • Q5 Describe a time it was necessary to change or modify your actions in order to respond to the needs of another   Answer Question
    • Q6 Please describe a time you had to utilize your problem-solving skills in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Q7 What are your long term career goals   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was then reached out for a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was by far one of the worst phone interviews I have had in my career. I've never had someone so impersonal over the phone and right off the bat when I picked up the phone, there was no introduction and straight to the questions. The first "question" took me an awkward 3 seconds to figure out that she wanted me to start and explain my background to her. After that, she was shooting off questions and almost sounded "glad" when I wasn't able to answer a question better. I work in the field of INTERVIEWING and judge a lot by the interviewer and after that, I am GLAD I was passed over because that showed how bad/toxic the culture/environment must be.

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Guided to a room with 5-6 others where you are given a short presentation on the company and then are asked to fill out a long personality quiz whilst waiting to be called into a 5 minute 1-1 interview - you can leave once both are complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about Conde Nast?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Questions directly referring to CV   Answer Question

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Had 1 HR interview, 1 with manager, and 1 with EIC, took about 4 months, 2 edit tests. took a long time to get through all the phases but i think this is pretty expected to get hired by Conde.