Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

Phone interview - about 20 mins, asked a lot about my current position and current bonuses at my job. I felt that the interviewer didn't quite understand the nature of my field that I was interviewing for, to be honest. I did not wish to pursue it any further. Management position didn't seem to be managing a team, but more managing one particular aspect of the job on my own, which is not where I am looking to progress in my field.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

I got a phone interview probably less than a week after applying. The interview was short and seemed more like a conversation. She said she wanted me to come for an in person interview, but I never heard back even after sending a follow up email.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Pros: HR is very helpful and guides you through the whole process with questios. Interview questions are really basic. Be prepared and take notes on what the HR rep tells you on the phone. Know your skills very well, and relate your skills to what the position responsibilities are.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a quick, smooth process, interview had two parts. Received a phone call with the decision, they would notify either way. Friendly, authentic people, little wait time for the interview itself.

Fashion Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was maybe 10 minutes long. Most of the interview was focused around my experience listed on my resume. Following that I was ask which magazines I was interested in working at and finally i was asked if I had any questions. No jobs were available at the time so I was told to keep in contact and to look out on the career page for openings that I would be interested in.

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was invited to come see a publication's beautiful office, got a tour, and then met with almost every team member I'd be working with. We had a dialog about things we find important, our approaches to collaborating with product & design teams, our past experiences (good and bad), things we find challenging—you can find out a lot about both sides of the table by the answers to these questions.

After that, things got more technical. I was asked about my familiarity with some of the technologies they use, and how I might go about debugging particular issues related to them. Mostly questions related to technical critical thinking applied to their specific stack.

Lastly, I got a fairly simple brain teaser that really just tested my knowledge of interacting with the DOM through Javascript, and handling state. I kind of over-thunk it, but once I realized the answer they were looking for, it appeared to be more of a simple screening test that they could have asked on the phone first. I was relieved for that to be the final boss, so to speak.

The second part of this process was meeting with the head of engineering, who wanted to meet me & walk me through all the design goals of the engineering team across the company over the next few years. It was really cool to see how they're building everything out, and to know that they are keeping everyone in the loop about how they're going about it. That conversation is a rare experience in a company this large.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to optimize this particular page?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Short and cold. The interviewer seemed like they didn't care about the answers that I was giving. It was pretty obvious that she thought the interview was a waste of her time for some reason.

Photo/Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Emailed from a job posting and heard back within a week. Came in for an interview the day after receiving the email of interest. Everything happened very fast. The interview itself lasted for only about 10 minutes. Another candidate arrived during my interview. After the first initial interview, I came in a different day to meet with the photo director.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After being reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn, they brought me in for an in person interview in the Freedom Tower. The interview was engaging and they asked smart and relevant questions. They had me meet with their head of digital product and he was really tough but smart.

Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty awkward, as soon as I stepped into the room the director gave me a weird vibe. The next 20 minutes of the interview consisted of me trying to convince him of my skills and talents and after a while it got tiring.