Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After being reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn, they brought me in for an in person interview in the Freedom Tower. The interview was engaging and they asked smart and relevant questions. They had me meet with their head of digital product and he was really tough but smart.

Art Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty awkward, as soon as I stepped into the room the director gave me a weird vibe. The next 20 minutes of the interview consisted of me trying to convince him of my skills and talents and after a while it got tiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Sent the director of engineering an e-mail along with my linkedin and links to side projects. He sent me an e-mail shortly after to schedule a phone interview with his assistant. I received a call from him with another person on the line, I'm assuming the person was a software engineer on the team. First they ask if I have any questions for them. Then phone call went straight to technical questions, no behavioral questions. The technical questions did not compose of any algorithm or coding questions... it was more networks and how to set up the environment.

Interview Questions

• 1) Go through the process of what happens after you type a website in the URL bar.
      2) What is an IP address?
      3) What is webrick/handle requests?
      4) Scaling for high traffic websites
      5) What are load balancers?
      Answer Question

Writer, Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met several members of the development team and they each had different questions. They asked me about previous articles I wrote, my background, specific items on my resume. Overall they were really friendly and personable.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

A brief over the phone interview with a designer. This was followed by a portfolio review/ interview on site with multiple designers. Was asked to submit a redesign of a webpage from a publication site.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I replied to the LinkedIn Pulse job post for CNE a division of CN with letter & portfolio. The lead engineer's assistant replied a few days later to schedule a phone interview with him, the lead engineer & the director of engineering.

Round 1: Phone Screen
    I received the call & answered their usual questions. They were keen to emphasize they want full stack because the team operates that way, preferring "open collaboration" where anyone does as much as possible.

Round 2: tech test
    I used the recommended 4.5-6hrs to complete the tech test which was to code thescene.com with the swiftype API & pushing to their private Git repo. It was really long & dissuading. I should've charged a fee.

Round 3: edits
    Git commit messages & times were closely examined. They asked why I coded it the way I did, what I'd done differently, then asked if I could do those particular recommendations. I estimated it'd been another 2-3hrs.

I got a job elsewhere so I stopped spending time coding here.

Interview Questions

• Go through the process of what happens after you type a website in the URL bar.   1 Answer
    • What is Git, assume someone who knows nothing about code?   1 Answer
    • What is your career goal?   1 Answer
    • What is a load balancer? Describe in detail. How would you code 1?   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First job out of college, met with three different individuals in three days. Got a call from HR two days later and negotiated my salary. Accepted the position and moved to NYC. Very friendly team with high energy and business professional management.

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR about a week or two later asking to set up an interview. I went in for an interview with HR and the hiring manager two days later and was given an edit test. Emailed HR about a month later to check on status of the position.

Online Senior Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR manager first which I assume is a standard prescreening interview with Conde Nast. The interview actually went really well and then she asked me to wait in the reception area because she wanted to see if the hiring manager from the magazine could meet with me. The executive editor (hiring manager) was actually available and I went to meet her on her floor. The interview with the executive editor went well too but it was more intense and she asked a lot of questions regarding my experience, and behavioral questions regarding the role I applied for.

Senior Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with an in-person one on one with the hiring manager. After that went well I came back to the office twice more. Once to meet about 6 other people (more of a set up for success), and again to meet the editor in chief of the brand, who then didn't have time to see me…

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult/demanding managers?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time a product you were managing wasn't going to come in on time. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with demanding design teams before?   Answer Question