Condé Nast Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview with a HR manager for the following week. Phone interview went great. HR Manager stated that there were several paths for advancement with Condé Nast. At the end of the phone interview, the onsite interview was scheduled for the following week with the position's supervisor. Interviewer came off rude and was not on the same page as the HR manager for several things (including advancement). Interviewer made the position seem like it was a tedious and demanding dead-end job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Condé Nast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Condé Nast (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Sales Assistant position. I was super excited about the opportunity in general. However, the interviewer/Director had a negative perspective regarding the company. Without me even having a chance to ask her about the company's opportunities for growth, immediately when she sat down to interview me she said the following: "one of the negative things about Conde Nast is that there's no room for growth, that's just how it is. Are you fine with staying in a support role?" Huh? Why on earth would you say such a thing to a interviewee? Who applies for an assistant job with the intention of staying in that role forever? Obviously, I responded stating that I would like to grow professionally there, which I knew that wasn't the answer she was looking for. But at that point I was just over the interview. Also, she mentioned something along the lines of the fact that Conde Nast thinks they are the best of the best and how they think it's easy to get clients to work with them because of that and rolled her eyes saying that is not the case. At the end of the interview, I just felt confused as to why Conde Nast would hire someone with such a bad attitude regarding the company? It was clear she didn't enjoy working there. After the interview, I was no longer excited about working there. Why would I want to work at a company whose own director has negative opinions about the brand?

Conde Nast should seriously reconsider who they have interviewing potential candidates. Perhaps have someone who is from HR do the interviewing. If that's not possible, train the selected interviewer on how to represent the brand appropriately.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

I got a phone interview probably less than a week after applying. The interview was short and seemed more like a conversation. She said she wanted me to come for an in person interview, but I never heard back even after sending a follow up email.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. I met with four separate people and was offered a position within a few hours. The hiring process was quick and painless. They asked me when I would like to start and my offer letter was drawn up and sent to me within 12 hours.

Interview Questions

• About my volunteer experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from an HR representative a few days later to set up an interview. I couldn't get to New York, so we arranged a phone interview. The interview itself was focused on my experience on previous projects, with not a lot of generic "what's your greatest weakness"-type questions. She also asked about my thoughts on the company's magazines, which was my favorite, and why. Very personable, friendly, and low-stress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Very cold, kind of just sat there. didnt get a good vibe from the interviewer. I could tell from the minute I walked in tere that I dont think it was going to be a good fit for me or CN.

Interview Questions

• Why are you good for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast in May 2011.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. It was practically just a conversation about my past (i.e. where I went to school, where I worked before) and why I wanted to work at Conde. The interviewer was very nice and it seemed like she was really interested in what I wanted to say.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Condé Nast in November 2009.

Interview

First you meet with someone form HR and then they will place you with different magazines that are hiring. I first interviewed with two other magazines at conde before landing my current job. The HR staff is so helpful and didnt give up on me which I really appreciated. It made me feel good that they thought I was good enough to work for Conde Nast.