Connection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Acquisition Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Connection (Shelton, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

***HORRIBLE***..**HORRIBLE***..***HORRIBLE*** APPLY ELSEWHERE.... Was reached out by a recruiter (Kristine Harris) reagrds to the aquisition position for the Shelton office. We had what semmed like a great 20 min conversation about the position and my background, company culture, benefits, compensation, ect.. Was then scheduled for an inperson to meet with the Teritory Manager (Thomas Smith) who was great and made the office seem like a great work enviroment, talked about my interest and hobbies, my experiance in sales and customer service and why I was looking for another Job. Then was reached out by Kristine again to schedule a 2nd phone interview with a sales manager at the HQ office. 2nd interview went great, talked for 15-20 min about how I see my self possibly working for the company and how my background would help. Was then reached out again by Kristing the next day to schedule a 2nd in person interview at the Shelton office to meet with the office manager. 2nd inperson interview went well, was brought aroubd the office and shown where my potential desk/workspace would be and sat with 2 seperate sales reps and watched their day to day process through a sale and call list, as well as their CRM system. After 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews any rational person would think they had a really good chance at being offered the position, but NO....

After about 2 weeks I was reached out by Kristine again with the following email in her words " At this time, the hiring manager has identified another candidate whom we'll be pursuing for this role. with more experience". This is not the right process a BILLION dollar company should do their hiring, dont give potential candidate the impression that they have a good chance at getting the job then send them a email 2 weeks later satting they are looking for a candidate with more experience. The expected level of experience for a candidta should have been expressed in the beginig stages of the interview process in order to save everyones time involved....

Interview Questions

• Would you have any difficulty with having the phone hung up on you multiple times a day ?   1 Answer

MS Cloud Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Connection in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the head of the Microsoft Team. The next interview was with HR followed by a tech screen with 2 of the engineers on the Microsoft Team. The next step was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working mostly remote?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Connection (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

During an over the phone interview, I was asked some basic questions about who I am and the potential qualities I could bring to the company. The interviewer did seem hesitant to answer a lot of my questions and kept a lot of the information quite vague. The interview questions I received really weren't that bad. Overall, I really did the interview for practice.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is thorough but open-minded. The interviewer(s) seemed genuinely interested in getting to know about your experience. Prior experience was discussed in a professional demeanor and how it may apply to the desired position.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake at your former position and what steps did you take to correct it?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through agency for a temp to possible hire position with three key players in HR. Standard interview questions including some behavioral type questions. Need to think outside the box for this company, creativity is rewarded well. HR employees have worked there a long time, which is a good sign for a company. Really felt at ease during the interview process. Recruiting is similar to sales, put in the hard work to get the rewards and expect to work hard.

Junior IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Connection (Salem, NH).

Interview

This was a contract to hire position. The recruiter arranged the interview and the interview went well. About a week later the recruiter informed me that there would be a second interview. I kept in touch with the recruiter and then everything went silent after the third week. The recruiter stopped responding to telephone calls and emails.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with using ghost to deploy images on desktops?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in August 2013.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was through my visiting their website and submitting a resume. I received a request for an interview the next day by phone. The first interview was done by phone and mainly consisted of my talking to the individual who contacted me regarding my background, the company, and the position. After that, I was contacted for a second interview within 24 hours (they are very good at follow up and do so promptly). This second interview was with an actual Manager who oversaw employees in the role I was interviewing for. The interview started somewhat shakily as the interviewer seemed like she was extremely tired and had little interest in interviewing anyone or do any other work. After a few minutes of discussing my background things started to improve. By the time the interview was over I though I was in very good position to go forward. Long story short, I was contacted the next day with the line that they were not going forward with my candidacy. Their view was that I was overqualified for the position. I get the feeling that the company is not one of the more desirable places to work for long term (at least for sales) and has very high turnover and that is a central concern for management. In the end I have continued my job search and am thrilled I did not get the job as my prospects seem very rich right now and I would have short changing myself.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The first interviewer focused on the basics as one would expect. The second interviewer was unprepared and unenthusiastic and did not put much effort into the interview. All the questions and more the second interviewer asked had already been asked by the previous and did not go beyond asking basic background information.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

Must apply online, even if you have your resume forwarded to HR. I did apply online and had two recomendations from long time emplyees to have HR look for my resume. HR rejected me immediately saying I was "inadequate." Both employees questioned HR, saying I had an abundance of qulaifications; and were told I was over qualified and would not accept the low starting pay. when both informed HR that was not the case as I had that discussion, I was told to contact HR directly. I did and an e-mail came sugesting that I was over qualified and why would I accept the "low pay outlined." I explained, at this poiint in my career, I was over qualified for most jobs and with my sales and technoloy experience I would make it up in commissions. I finally got two phone interviews. . Then the obligatory same response. I was "inadequate". Insiders told me the company was worried about "flight". Meaning I'd leave if another offer came along. Highly unlikely in this job market especially for someone of my age. I was low risk and would ahve brought them a lot of new business. As for flight maybe after a year I'd have grabbed a better position in the company. No chance, since HR clearly descriminates against older candidates. They are what they are; shortsighted. And can't even bother to send an apropriate rejection e-mail. Just degrading, inacurrate, clearly aimed to discourage older candiates.

Interview Questions

• first question, I've seen your impressive resume, What brings you to PC Connections?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Marlborough, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Nice environment.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connection in January 2011.

Interview

I had the initial HR telephone screening interview lasting aprox 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for a 1:1 with the VP of Sales. We spoke about an hour and 30 minutes, chatting about the industry, their position, the corporate structure, and culture.