Connection Interview Questions in Merrimack, NH | Glassdoor

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in November 2016.

Interview

Very detailed and structured, started with a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with a sales manager, then another one with HR stating that the sales manager wanted to pursue and put forth an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do i think i will fit at pc connection?   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and professional. Everyone I met with was helpful and friendly. I went through multiple phone interviews and then a live presentation. Overall, it was a very straight forward and fair experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are all standard HR related questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in June 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. First one was with a recruiter and second one was with a senior sales manager. Then I had to go in for an in-person job shadow as well as interview with two sales managers at the same time.

Warranty Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point. Informal, met with the Manager and team lead at the time. Interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and then I was introduced to the team I would potentially work with.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job through their ADP portal and got a call a couple weeks later. I had a phone interview with HR and then had a call the next day for an in person interview for the following week. I then got a call/email within a couple days with an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about PC Connection   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate anything.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is thorough but open-minded. The interviewer(s) seemed genuinely interested in getting to know about your experience. Prior experience was discussed in a professional demeanor and how it may apply to the desired position.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake at your former position and what steps did you take to correct it?   1 Answer

Collection Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviews with 3 people. Collection manager, Credit manager, and Director of Credit and Collections. Basic interview questions. All three were very nice and easy to talk to. Went over resume and asked questions about skills.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through agency for a temp to possible hire position with three key players in HR. Standard interview questions including some behavioral type questions. Need to think outside the box for this company, creativity is rewarded well. HR employees have worked there a long time, which is a good sign for a company. Really felt at ease during the interview process. Recruiting is similar to sales, put in the hard work to get the rewards and expect to work hard.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in August 2013.

Interview

My initial contact with the company was through my visiting their website and submitting a resume. I received a request for an interview the next day by phone. The first interview was done by phone and mainly consisted of my talking to the individual who contacted me regarding my background, the company, and the position. After that, I was contacted for a second interview within 24 hours (they are very good at follow up and do so promptly). This second interview was with an actual Manager who oversaw employees in the role I was interviewing for. The interview started somewhat shakily as the interviewer seemed like she was extremely tired and had little interest in interviewing anyone or do any other work. After a few minutes of discussing my background things started to improve. By the time the interview was over I though I was in very good position to go forward. Long story short, I was contacted the next day with the line that they were not going forward with my candidacy. Their view was that I was overqualified for the position. I get the feeling that the company is not one of the more desirable places to work for long term (at least for sales) and has very high turnover and that is a central concern for management. In the end I have continued my job search and am thrilled I did not get the job as my prospects seem very rich right now and I would have short changing myself.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The first interviewer focused on the basics as one would expect. The second interviewer was unprepared and unenthusiastic and did not put much effort into the interview. All the questions and more the second interviewer asked had already been asked by the previous and did not go beyond asking basic background information.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Connection (Merrimack, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

Must apply online, even if you have your resume forwarded to HR. I did apply online and had two recomendations from long time emplyees to have HR look for my resume. HR rejected me immediately saying I was "inadequate." Both employees questioned HR, saying I had an abundance of qulaifications; and were told I was over qualified and would not accept the low starting pay. when both informed HR that was not the case as I had that discussion, I was told to contact HR directly. I did and an e-mail came sugesting that I was over qualified and why would I accept the "low pay outlined." I explained, at this poiint in my career, I was over qualified for most jobs and with my sales and technoloy experience I would make it up in commissions. I finally got two phone interviews. . Then the obligatory same response. I was "inadequate". Insiders told me the company was worried about "flight". Meaning I'd leave if another offer came along. Highly unlikely in this job market especially for someone of my age. I was low risk and would ahve brought them a lot of new business. As for flight maybe after a year I'd have grabbed a better position in the company. No chance, since HR clearly descriminates against older candidates. They are what they are; shortsighted. And can't even bother to send an apropriate rejection e-mail. Just degrading, inacurrate, clearly aimed to discourage older candiates.

Interview Questions

• first question, I've seen your impressive resume, What brings you to PC Connections?   1 Answer