ConocoPhillips Drilling Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Drilling Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a decent interview, typical shuffle between different managers and future work colleagues. I was able to ask questions very candidly and be open.

The questions that managers had were rather insightful, I was surprised at the personal nature of questions that were sometimes asked (showed what I thought was a caring spirit)

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions. They know your experience and were more interested in who you were rather than what you knew.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

2 interviews with different panel member from middle and senior management. Excellent work culture, professionalism and ambiance from the interviewers. Ask standard resume questions, 3 words to describe yourself, technical work, behaviour based questions. Very quick hiring process, less than 30 days all in. Used a recruiter from Spencer Ogden who worked everything pretty well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are asked to deliver a project in a minimal amount of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter handled everything including salary negotiation (Spencer Ogden)

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

HR initiates the selection process. Once selected you will be called for a group interview with the Team Lead and the team. They will ask for your previous experience, how your experience can fit in well with the present job criterea, are you a team player/conflct resolution type etc etc.
    Once that happens they will notify you if you have been selected for the final round and go from there.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2008.

Interview

Very intimidating, Behavioral interview questions will be more pointed, more probing and more specific than traditional interview questions:

Give an example of an occasion when you used logic to solve a problem.
    Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.
    Describe a decision you made that was unpopular and how you handled implementing it.
    Have you gone above and beyond the call of duty? If so, how?
    What do you do when your schedule is interrupted? Give an example of how you handle it.
    Have you had to convince a team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you do it?
    Have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker? How?
    Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.
    Follow-up questions will also be detailed. You may be asked what you did, what you said, how you reacted or how you felt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, attempted