ConocoPhillips Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Talked with a representative at the college career fair, was offered an interview on spot. Interview was 45 minutes long, and very thorough with respect to your work experiences. Interviewer was not very personable, difficult interview overall. Got a rejection 2 months after the interview, but it was expected, as some friends were invited to dinner 1-2 weeks after interview.

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Came to my school and 3 people interviewed me. My resume was pulled from the resume book that is compiled by my department. All candidates were brought in and given an overview of the department and what work they do. Then we interviewed with the panel one by one. It was a very casual and laid back interview. It was more behavioral and experience based than technical.

Interview Questions

• Which of your previous work experiences did you learn the most from and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

There was only one on campus interview, with two interviewers. They were very accommodating to find an interview time that fit my busy schedule. The interview consisted of standard behavioral questions, no surprises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Basic behavioral type interview to find out how you react in certain type situations. there were 2 people in the room with me, one interviewing and the other taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal that you set that you didnt meet and how you overcame the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The Conoco Phillips process was essentially three parts. The hiring manager first had a one on one discussion just to get to know you. This part was not so much an interview, rather just a chance for them to evaluate you as an individual. The next two parts were two separate interviews, each session having two Conoco employees alternating questions. One session was related to work experience and how your experience applied to the role that they were trying to fill. The other session was related to situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that there was conflict within a group or team. What was the issue and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

There is a meet and greet initially where you get to meet the recruiters over some drinks and appetizers (Hors'Oeuvres). The next day you are brought in with other engineers and an HR advisor.
    They mainly ask behavioural questions for an internship. Some technical if your prior work terms involve something engineering related. No calculations, but they may give hypothetical scenarios to see how you would react.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Was there a moment where you faced difficult decision? Tell me about your previous work terms. What do you view as your most successful moment? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2011.

Interview

Communication with ConocoPhillips was great. My university's job site helped to facilitate that communication. The interview itself was interesting. It was a unique interview so it definitely kept me on my toes. Not like they were trying to trick me or trip me up but they just had good questions that I had never really seen before in many interviews.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that your job changed and what did you do to deal with that change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very willing to work with you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2011.

Interview

The company posted their offers in career fair every quarters in school. then they will go over all resume and choose the best candidates for those positions. after that who have been chose will be contact to schedule the interviews either at school or any assigned places.

Interview Questions

• what should do deal with a lazy co-worker in your team ?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2011.

Interview

Interviews were with a panel consisting HR rep and mgt team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience and educational background   Answer Question
    • Greatest achievement? Give an example..   Answer Question
    • Why this Company?   Answer Question
    • What's your ideal work environment?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how your team has demonstrated being effective..

An example of when/how you managed conflict within a team

A few other questions on technical skills listed on resume
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2010.

Interview

Was taken out to dinner the night before for Tex-Mex. Tried to give my job preferences, but maybe shouldn't have if it limited my options. Most companies want to know what youre interested in, but ConocoPhillips doesnt seem to. I tried to pick locations that were less desirable in order to show how mobile I was, but again, it probably wasnt a great idea.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw something dangerous and what did you do to remedy the situation?   1 Answer