ConocoPhillips Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Received an email that I would be getting a call. Got the call and interview was natural and the 2 people on the phone were friendly. They had my resume and asked some questions off of that as well as asking me questions from the interview handbook it seemed like.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

interview with campus recruiter first, then interview with three supervisors. Interviews are behavioral but also include a few basic accounting questions about the financial statements. The company is big on having an ideal fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral apart for a few accounting and finance questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is as easy as one can expect in terms of procedure. Very organized and structured. First round interview was on campus, afterwards they selected a few people for second round interviews the next day. Decisions came soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolving fitting prior experience to the oil/gas industry. (I had no oil/gas experience prior to the interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is situational based interview styles. As a college new hire applying for ConocoPhillips you will interview once on campus at your university. If all goes well with the initial interview, you will go on campus to Bartlesville, OK for a second interview. You typically hear back with an offer within the next few weeks. You have to give an answer by late November.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you ran into a conflict, how did you deal with that conflict and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied through the online portal and had a warm connection with one of the hiring managers in their L48 finance organization. I had an informal and impromptu phone interview, which went very well and virtually cemented a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I had worked in banking prior and they wanted to know why I wanted to make the transition into Oil & Gas.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied through my schools website and was selected for and on-campus interview. The interview was all behavioral. Received an a week later for second rounds in the their Bartlesville office. Interviews there where the same as the previous.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview opportunity was given through my University. I applied for the interview and was chosen to be selected out of the pool of applicants. An interview with ConocoPhillips is unlike a typical one. They ask questions that enable them to see what your character is like; leadership skills, working in a team atmosphere, confidence in your abilities. The questions are along the lines of "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life"....and questions that follow up you answer such as "And how did you handle that situation.". The best advice I have for an interview with this company would be to be honest, be yourself, and be able to talk about 4-7 different times in your life that have shown a successful track record such as school accomplishments, work experiences, and life changing experiences.

Interview Questions

• "What is the biggest obstacle that you have come across in your life" " And how did you handle it?"   Answer Question
    • "Can you describe a time when you were working with a group and they disagreed with you, when you knew that you were right." "How did you handle it?"   Answer Question