ConocoPhillips GIS Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

GIS Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2007.

Interview

My University participates in internship programs with the company, and sent my information to them. They had openings for interns and contacted me to schedule an interview. On the day of, I wore business professional attire and carried several copies of my resume. I was escorted with a guest ID to speak with a couple of people in HR, and then met with the person who eventually became my direct supervisor. We had a simple dialog about what I was familiar with, past work experience, all the while touring areas of where I would be working. I met another person who I would be working for, and eventually met one-on-one with the head recruiter at the time. This is when we discussed times I could work (since it was part time) and other employment terms. At this point I was essentially hired, escorted back to HR, and finally left to go take a drug test (outsourced) and fill out payroll information (also outsourced since I was an intern).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the ConocoPhillips Team?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate times and days of the week to work, but the pay was not negotiable.