ConocoPhillips Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavior-based ("tell me about a time when...") interview questions are used. Prepare answers by reviewing the job description for specific behaviors required (i.e. collaboration, decision-making, conflict resolution, etc.) and prepare specific examples and outcomes to share.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. What did you do to try to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you had to rely on the contributions of others to accomplish your work or project. How did you work together to reach your goals?   Answer Question

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Need to talk to at least 5 people. Very easy interview, asked about detail technical questions. Every people took at least 30 minutes question and answer. Prepare a lot of question to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical question on how I am doing my job.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, people person filling out a template. Didn't really know the business.Very kind and considerate working 9-5 putting in their time. Would of been more meaning fun if the understood the work scope.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Money

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

They interviewed on campus, there was one HR person and one from the Supply Chain team. I felt like they cared little about my skills (they already had my resume on hand), but they cared a lot about my social skills, asking questions such as a conflict I have solved while on a team or a challenge I have overcome. I was really displeased that they let me know about the negative result only after about 4 weeks even though they said it would take less than one. My friend, who got accepted, did not enjoy the internship and turned down their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have overcome? Have you worked in a team before? How have you solved some conflict situations in a team?   Answer Question

Data Integration Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed me once on the phone and then offered me the job. They usually have some immediate project need when they are hiring a contractor, so they would like you to start as soon as possible. If you want to be a full-time employee, it is easier to get on as a contractor, and then get hired on full time when they like you, than to get a full-time offer up front.

Interview Questions

• What type of Informatica Transformations have you worked with?   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with hiring manager. She wanted to know what kind of evaluations I've done.

Otherwise the questions were pretty standard. She also said they get a lot of submissions for these roles. I didn't get a call back and I don't know why.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

In-person panel interview with team manager and a couple team specialists. The tone of the interview was courteous and professional throughout. The interviewers allowed time to elaborate on answers and I did not feel rushed or grilled. The discussion was primarily technical and revolved around a review of my past work experience with a few behavioral questions. Overall, a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from an upset co-worker demanding an immediate solution to his/her technical issues?   Answer Question

Land New Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through University on-campus interviews system. Once accepted for an interview, scheduled one a week later. The interview was pretty much as expected. They dived right into the behavioral questions and had one person asking the questions while another took notes. They are looking for you to use the STAR method of answering behavioral questions and will probe you further on each answer you give. I tried to be prepared as much as possible by looking at all the interview reviews on this website but they still managed to come up with new ones. The interview lasted a little over an hour and later that day they asked me to dinner. For on-campus interviews, this is the equivalent of a second interview. They only ask the ones they really liked that day to join them (4 out of 16 in my case). The dinner is pretty laid back, just practice good manners and try to talk to all the different people around you. After two weeks I was offered the job and took it after about a week of thinking about it. Overall, just have stories prepared for the interview and remember that it's just a conversation. They don't discard you if you take some time to answer, I asked to take some time to think on several questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They're extremely flexible with the start dates but wouldn't budge on the salary, bonus, vacation, and moving stipend.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Came to my school and 3 people interviewed me. My resume was pulled from the resume book that is compiled by my department. All candidates were brought in and given an overview of the department and what work they do. Then we interviewed with the panel one by one. It was a very casual and laid back interview. It was more behavioral and experience based than technical.

Interview Questions

• Which of your previous work experiences did you learn the most from and why?   Answer Question

Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

There was quick phone screen just on basic work history before the first in person interview. I then used a Skype like video system to have my from home interview recorded before having a final in person / traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• Safety
      Philosophy