ConocoPhillips IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips IT Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

It is incredibly important that you make a personal connection with someone in the company (and get them to ping the hiring manager for you as a referral) if you want your resume to be considered. Otherwise there are simply too many applicants for every job. Once you get through the initial technical screening (which is relatively simple), you are going to do a STAR behavioral interview. Be sure to do some research so you understand how to answer these questions. The hiring manger is essentially just trying to complete a worksheet on you to make sure you provide all the elements of the STAR. From there, I would just say that ConocoPhillips is a very family/friend oriented organization. You are much more likely to be hired if (in addition to being qualified for the job), you come across like a great guy/girl who just wants to help out. Nice people are preferred.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group that did not work well together?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are negotiating with an IT staffer, not your hiring manager. Remember that. They have certain limits they can negotiate within for the job's salary grade. Your years of experience are important for them. Relocation is a great package, be sure to ask for it if you are eligible (live more than 50 miles away). You do not want to be above your salary mid-point or your year end bonus will be reduced. Generally speaking, they are going to make an offer, you get one counter, then you get to choose to accept/reject their final offer. Finally, don't be discouraged if the process takes a long time. From my initial application to my offer acceptance, it took 90 days. I was told that was one of the fastest they had had in the last year. Good luck!

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Technical and other questions by 5 team members in separate one on one sessions. Most were too simple and irrelevant. Some were even ridiculous. I felt as though the team members were interviewing for a position well above their own status.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Company flew me out to Bartlesville location, all expenses paid. Interviewed with three separate interviewers, all of them asking purely behavioral questions. They then gave us a quick tour of the buildings and we parted with some company swag. The following day, ConocoPhillips called back with an offer. There was no negotiation for salary and were a little pushy on getting acceptance replies asap.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had difficulty with a co-worker or project partner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Lots of situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something unethical or illegal was happening and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR then group supervisor

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in January 2010.

Interview

After meeting them on campus they selected me for a 1 on 1 interview on campus. After successfully completing that interview they called me back for a on site interview. 4 different people at 45 minutes a piece asking situational type questions (what would you do in this environment). After about a week I got a called back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where there was a person that was not pulling their weight. What did you do in that situation?   Answer Question