ConocoPhillips Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Intern Interview Questions

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I received an invitation to interview with them. The interview was behavioral. They are largely looking to see how you interact with others. The interviewers were very polite and personable. The company invited the potential hires out to dinner the night before the interview. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a project member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Extensive with on campus representation at career fairs, BAP events, dinner mingle sessions, on campus interview. They put forward the same faces repeatedly so by the time you sit down for your formal interview, it's like talking to a friend. Makes it easy to accept an offer, makes you feel dirty for denying.

Interview Questions

• They used the by-the-book STAR interview format. Extremely easy to prepare for.   Answer Question

Other opportunities available more in line with my career trajectory.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

A 45 minute interview, with typical behavioral questions. These questions were mainly trying to show how you fit the position description. The interviewer made it very easy to relax and be myself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you helped someone improve themselves.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair the week before the interviews occurred. I was contacted through email to have dinner with the recruiters with a large group of applicants on the day before the interview. The interview itself was the standard series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When has a supervisor ever asked you to break the rules? What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair at my school. They called me that same day for an interview. They invited all interviewees to dinner the night before the interviews so we would feel more comfortable the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with one of your professors   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at a career fair and had to apply online by the next day on the university website. Started with a behavioral interview with two people but did not make it past that

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

The entire process with ConocoPhillips was incredibly pleasant and quick - I was never wondering what the next steps were. I met them at first on campus at a career fair, where they told me all about the world of IT and ConocoPhillips. I gave them my resume, and they quickly contacted me for an on-campus interview. Before the interview, they invited me to a wonderful dinner, where I got to know the recruiters and other possible new hires.
    The on-campus interview was completely behavioral, and it was relaxed and comfortable. I talked to two interviewers simultaneously for about 45 minutes, and they were both professional and friendly. They left me with instructions to wait for communication in the next two weeks - it came, as promised, in a timely fashion. They invited me for an on-site interview.
    I drove to Bartlesville and all expenses were paid, from the gas to the hotel to all the food I could hope for. It was a wonderful experience. The day of the interview we split up into two groups - half of us toured through Bartlesville while the other half interviewed, and then we switched. I met with three interviewers individually for about 45 minutes each, and we rotated. Again, the questions were almost exclusively behavioral - I was never asked to write any code or demonstrate knowledge, only to talk about my past experiences and how I made decisions in certain situations.
    I ended up going with a different offer since Bartlesville, OK is not a particularly interesting location, but it was still a great experience and I'd recommend ConocoPhillips to anybody.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you lead a group and one member did not perform to your expectations.   Answer Question

The offer was really nice - nice pay, nice benefits - and their work campus is very spacious and active. However, I ended up choosing a different offer with a different company, because location is very important to me and Bartlesville is not the most exciting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral Interviews. Multiple interviews over a two hour span. Spoke with three different interviewers. Be sure you study up for the interview. Need to recall all the experiences you've had in different areas and how you can apply them to the "Tell me about a time when...." type questions - leadership, decision making, team work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged by a team you were leading and how did you overcome those challenges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Norman, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. There weren't any technical questions asked. I met with a recruiter at a University Career Fair where they took my resume. I was contacted a week later and asked to schedule an interview. The interview was very straigh forward and only consisted of behavior questions after they asked me to briefly run through my Resume. Overall a great experience