ConocoPhillips Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a career fair and got a phone call for an interview that night. The interview was behavioral, and the interviewer was friendly. They contacted me about three weeks later telling me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you should have spoken up in a team, but didn't?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2017.

Interview

An interviewer began by introducing the formality of the discussion (wanted it to be very conversational and not too formal). The process was to go down my resume and discuss aspects of it that stood out. After learning about me from my resume, the interviewer went on to ask behavioral questions, and finally ended with me asking questions. The process was very smooth and facilitated productive discussion, allowing me to learn about the company and for the interviewer to learn about me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I received an invitation to interview with them. The interview was behavioral. They are largely looking to see how you interact with others. The interviewers were very polite and personable. The company invited the potential hires out to dinner the night before the interview. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a project member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview after applying online and on the school career website. It was with two people asking me questions. I made it to the second interview but then they sent me another email saying they weren't hiring anymore.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I had to work in a group.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Extensive with on campus representation at career fairs, BAP events, dinner mingle sessions, on campus interview. They put forward the same faces repeatedly so by the time you sit down for your formal interview, it's like talking to a friend. Makes it easy to accept an offer, makes you feel dirty for denying.

Interview Questions

• They used the by-the-book STAR interview format. Extremely easy to prepare for.   Answer Question

Other opportunities available more in line with my career trajectory.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

A 45 minute interview, with typical behavioral questions. These questions were mainly trying to show how you fit the position description. The interviewer made it very easy to relax and be myself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you helped someone improve themselves.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair the week before the interviews occurred. I was contacted through email to have dinner with the recruiters with a large group of applicants on the day before the interview. The interview itself was the standard series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When has a supervisor ever asked you to break the rules? What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair at my school. They called me that same day for an interview. They invited all interviewees to dinner the night before the interviews so we would feel more comfortable the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with one of your professors   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at a career fair and had to apply online by the next day on the university website. Started with a behavioral interview with two people but did not make it past that