ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I received an invitation to interview with them. The interview was behavioral. They are largely looking to see how you interact with others. The interviewers were very polite and personable. The company invited the potential hires out to dinner the night before the interview. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a project member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

They interviewed on campus, there was one HR person and one from the Supply Chain team. I felt like they cared little about my skills (they already had my resume on hand), but they cared a lot about my social skills, asking questions such as a conflict I have solved while on a team or a challenge I have overcome. I was really displeased that they let me know about the negative result only after about 4 weeks even though they said it would take less than one. My friend, who got accepted, did not enjoy the internship and turned down their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have overcome? Have you worked in a team before? How have you solved some conflict situations in a team?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Received an email that I would be getting a call. Got the call and interview was natural and the 2 people on the phone were friendly. They had my resume and asked some questions off of that as well as asking me questions from the interview handbook it seemed like.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair the week before the interviews occurred. I was contacted through email to have dinner with the recruiters with a large group of applicants on the day before the interview. The interview itself was the standard series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When has a supervisor ever asked you to break the rules? What did you do and why?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with representatives at college career fair then interviewed. Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and nice and seemed interested in what I had to say. The questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you solved a small problem before it became a large problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair at my school. They called me that same day for an interview. They invited all interviewees to dinner the night before the interviews so we would feel more comfortable the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with one of your professors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Submitted my application through college's recruiting system. They invited me and 25 others to a pre interview dinner, and from there I was selected for an actual interview the next day. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I made it into second round interviews, which will be in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. It was a very structured process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

30 min On-Campus interview. Talked with one recruiter in hallway before interview just a simple conversation, and once in the interview it was strictly behavioral type questions. Be sure to be prepared to answer any kind of question like this they can be difficult to come up with on the spot. The 2 recruiters I talked to were very interesting seem to love what they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Norman, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Once you get selected for an interview, they first took us for dinner the night before the interview. Then at the interview they just asked the basic behavioral type of questions. It didnt really seem that they are interested or hiring at all. Not sure why. I havent heard back from them for 3 weeks now.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a group based project you were in charge of?   Answer Question