ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Compression Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (New York, NY).

Interview

Took about 1 month to complete process. Interview was 3 person panel interview with 3 different foreman from maintenance and operations. Mostly behavioral questions and very few technical ones. Went very smooth and lasted about 1 hour. This is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How does an engine ignition system work on a chevy 350?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I received an invitation to interview with them. The interview was behavioral. They are largely looking to see how you interact with others. The interviewers were very polite and personable. The company invited the potential hires out to dinner the night before the interview. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a project member.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

Very casual. First Round on- campus interview. Then flown out to Oklahoma office. Everyone was really nice and friendly. There is a strong sense of community within the company you feel when you first enter the door.

Interview Questions

• Why ConocoPhillips? Recall a time you needed to be a leader, and how did you approach that process?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavior-based ("tell me about a time when...") interview questions are used. Prepare answers by reviewing the job description for specific behaviors required (i.e. collaboration, decision-making, conflict resolution, etc.) and prepare specific examples and outcomes to share.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. What did you do to try to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you had to rely on the contributions of others to accomplish your work or project. How did you work together to reach your goals?   Answer Question

Geophysics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Laramie, WY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer went through all of my experiences from my resume. Overall it was very comfortable and laid back. The questions were basically behavioral questions. At times I wrote things on the board to better describe my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time while when working in a group, one member did not perform well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Extensive with on campus representation at career fairs, BAP events, dinner mingle sessions, on campus interview. They put forward the same faces repeatedly so by the time you sit down for your formal interview, it's like talking to a friend. Makes it easy to accept an offer, makes you feel dirty for denying.

Interview Questions

• They used the by-the-book STAR interview format. Extremely easy to prepare for.   Answer Question

Other opportunities available more in line with my career trajectory.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Need to talk to at least 5 people. Very easy interview, asked about detail technical questions. Every people took at least 30 minutes question and answer. Prepare a lot of question to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical question on how I am doing my job.   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

stupid easy, when interviewing for a technical role and you are competent in your skills you will probably be smarter than the interviewer. There are some smart people in this company but more often than not they aren't the ones making the decisions for hiring. Unfortunately you will find too many that are not competent for the reason mentioned above, the hiring managers probably don't know anything about the position you are interviewing for. Easy to stand out but frustrating when you realize you will not get any help from half your coworkers in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing I asked for was to delay my start date to let my children finish the school year where they were, I asked for an extra 30 days. They wanted me to start earlier but I told them that was the deal, take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. Interview took one day and I heard back about three weeks later. Recruiter was very accommodating and quick to respond, even in the midst of still interviewing and making decisions. Overall process took about 90 days from interview to offer acceptance to getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavorial interview questions; they are using the STAR method. A lot of situational questions and questions about how you are as a person. They are trying to get a grasp on how you will fit in their company. An interesting question they ask is something that you regret or wished you had done in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need for negotiation. The offer extended was more than I ever thought I could receive for an entry level position. Very pleased with the benefits and compensation.