ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

RPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Norman, OK) in March 2013.

Interview

applied through school website and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. There were several people there to talk with you before the interview and get you to fill out something's. I had two people interview me asked a lot of different types of questions, but the hardest was behavioral type questions.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in December 2011.

Interview

It was very awkward. One person was interviewing and the other person was just staring at you trying to figure out your facial expressions.

Interview Questions

• How do you rank your leadership skills?   Answer Question
    • What if a problem occurs with some worker at work? How would you reacy?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I met with several senior level people individually on several interviews and each experience was positive. They asked challenging questions but were very receptive to my answers and answered all my questions and more in depth and with helpful information.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair at my school. They called me that same day for an interview. They invited all interviewees to dinner the night before the interviews so we would feel more comfortable the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with one of your professors   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Submitted my application through college's recruiting system. They invited me and 25 others to a pre interview dinner, and from there I was selected for an actual interview the next day. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I made it into second round interviews, which will be in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. It was a very structured process.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Long, in-depth, difficult interviews with multiple people on same day. I was at their office for about 6 hours and interviewed with 3 managers. All questions revolve around the company S.P.I.R.I.T values. You have to provide answers that correspond how you reacted to various situations/performed in former jobs/completed tasks utilizing Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork.
    I had multiple interviews with other O and G companies in a 6 month period and this was by far the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you completed challenging task in your former job performed in utilizing SPIRIT values - Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibilty, Innovation, Teamwork.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard nothing for over a month, then one day received an email from human resources to schedule a short phone interview. The phone interview happened a few days later and lasted about half an hour. Within a day or two I was contacted by HR again to arrange a flight to the office. About a week later I was flown to the office for a half-day interview. The in-person interview consisted of several group and individual interview sessions, concluding with lunch.

Interview Questions

• They ask very specific questions about technical skills - know what your resume says, and be able to provide examples about all of your capabilities.   1 Answer

Petrotech Apprenticeship Interview

Interview

I applied the job through online process application in may, last year. and after that, i was invited to do the first selection process located in Bandung city. the first process is english test and the result is informed to applicants after noon. for those who pass this process, move on to psychometric test. in this process, everyone passed to the next step, to do the HR interview held tomorrow's day. I did my interview for about 30 minute, and the questions was behavioural questions. and after that, the recruiter told me to wait about four weeks for the result.

I got a phone call from conoco phillips to say that they invited me to go to the assessment day in jakarta office. the airfare ticket and accomodation had been prepared by COPI. the assesment was held for a day with the first event was company presentation and continued by user interview. the interview was in the form of panel interview, which in my experience there are eight user to ask me questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Talked with a representative at the college career fair, was offered an interview on spot. Interview was 45 minutes long, and very thorough with respect to your work experiences. Interviewer was not very personable, difficult interview overall. Got a rejection 2 months after the interview, but it was expected, as some friends were invited to dinner 1-2 weeks after interview.

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2014.

Interview

There were two interviewers, one who was asking the required questions and one who more carried on a conversation. It felt a little like "good cop, bad cop" and I wasn't sure what my chances were for an offer after the interview. The interviewer who carried on the conversation was very positive and easy to talk to. The other interviewer (who was asking questions from a paper) was a little less easy to talk to, and the questions weren't easy to answer. I guess with the two interviewing styles intermixed, the questions just caught me off-guard and I really had to switch gears to think of an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed. What did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer in hand from another company and had not heard from ConocoPhillips, so I let them know. They responded with a better offer, which I accepted.