ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Interview

Interviewer asks you a series of behavior-based questions. They are challenging and test to see "past performance = future indicator of success". Practice STAR interview question examples. Google it and prepare for the hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult teammate on a project.   1 Answer

Mariner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

you are contacted to complete an online interview, if selected to move on you will be contacted and flown to the campus for an in person panel interview with management.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

It was very streamlined and systematic from beginning to end. They kept me updated at each step although the process was long and stretched put for over a period of couple of months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join us?   1 Answer

CI Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. One over the phone and one in person. Phone interview is with HR and second interview is with HR and the hiring manager. More or less the same questions asked at second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to change people's minds even though your idea was popular.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Phone call with HR, then flown in for a half day series of interviews with four of the people the role would interact with, as well as a discipline expert.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard any recent news about the company?   1 Answer

IT New Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus, then was invited to Bartlesville to do a site/city tour and do 3 30 minute interviews. Was given an offer and then had to do a hair drug test and was confirmed. Was given an early-acceptance signing bonus and moving allowance.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR questions. "Talk about a time where you made a mistake in a group project."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. Other people from my university got the exact same offer as me so I doubt it's negotiable.

Engineering Vacation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Applied through their website. Received a call to book in a face to face interview. It was conducted with one HR and two technical leaders. They were very polite people who made me feel at ease. Interview was carried out with conversation in between, so it didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Straightforward interview regarding the company, their values as well as behavioral questions.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2013.

Interview

The Company uses headhunter a lot. Good reference and industry reputation are necessary. The Company believe in not selecting a good CV but a person. In-depth knowledge and excellent analytical approach towards problem solving can land an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see you in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2017.

Interview

A one hour long phone interview (since I wasn't in their city at the time of the interview) with the Commercial Finance Manager, Commercial Contracts Analyst and an HR representative. I had applied online, and they called me to arrange the interview. All the individuals involved were very friendly and fair with their questions. Questions were mainly behavioural, and they made sure to ask me at the end if I had any relevant experiences that I wanted to bring to their attention.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you? (Note: Safety is one of Conoco's 5 key SPIRIT values)   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Met with 4 people from different areas of the business unit. Interview was 1 hour and half long. Each person asked different questions pertaining to different aspects of the job (office work, field work, personality,)

Interview Questions

• Previous experience on pipeline related work. They asked about my current job (that was not related to pipelines) and how I could transfer over skills to the pipeline engineer position.   Answer Question