ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Extensive with on campus representation at career fairs, BAP events, dinner mingle sessions, on campus interview. They put forward the same faces repeatedly so by the time you sit down for your formal interview, it's like talking to a friend. Makes it easy to accept an offer, makes you feel dirty for denying.

Interview Questions

• They used the by-the-book STAR interview format. Extremely easy to prepare for.   Answer Question

Other opportunities available more in line with my career trajectory.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Overall a painless process. They ask general run of the mill questions that you can expect to be asked for any internship. i.e. strengths, weaknesses, etc. I found the recruiters to be friendly and conducive to learning who you are as an individual

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Need to talk to at least 5 people. Very easy interview, asked about detail technical questions. Every people took at least 30 minutes question and answer. Prepare a lot of question to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical question on how I am doing my job.   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

stupid easy, when interviewing for a technical role and you are competent in your skills you will probably be smarter than the interviewer. There are some smart people in this company but more often than not they aren't the ones making the decisions for hiring. Unfortunately you will find too many that are not competent for the reason mentioned above, the hiring managers probably don't know anything about the position you are interviewing for. Easy to stand out but frustrating when you realize you will not get any help from half your coworkers in the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing I asked for was to delay my start date to let my children finish the school year where they were, I asked for an extra 30 days. They wanted me to start earlier but I told them that was the deal, take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. Interview took one day and I heard back about three weeks later. Recruiter was very accommodating and quick to respond, even in the midst of still interviewing and making decisions. Overall process took about 90 days from interview to offer acceptance to getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavorial interview questions; they are using the STAR method. A lot of situational questions and questions about how you are as a person. They are trying to get a grasp on how you will fit in their company. An interesting question they ask is something that you regret or wished you had done in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need for negotiation. The offer extended was more than I ever thought I could receive for an entry level position. Very pleased with the benefits and compensation.

Geophysicist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Presentation and follow-up questions, slides and formulas, no interest in formulas but lots of open ended discussion, of course the lunch part which is presumably the most valuable, make sure to be clear what you to do and why you want to work for conoco

Facilities Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Decatur, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Attended Career and Internship Expo and talked with recruiters. Was invited to interview on campus. Got my offer within a couple weeks. Overall a very positive experience. Standard behavioral interview questions, but the two interviewers did a great job conversing with me to get the best understanding of the situation and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked with someone you didn't get along well with? What were the results? How did you resolve the issues?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer, people person filling out a template. Didn't really know the business.Very kind and considerate working 9-5 putting in their time. Would of been more meaning fun if the understood the work scope.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you deal with conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Money

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

They interviewed on campus, there was one HR person and one from the Supply Chain team. I felt like they cared little about my skills (they already had my resume on hand), but they cared a lot about my social skills, asking questions such as a conflict I have solved while on a team or a challenge I have overcome. I was really displeased that they let me know about the negative result only after about 4 weeks even though they said it would take less than one. My friend, who got accepted, did not enjoy the internship and turned down their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have overcome? Have you worked in a team before? How have you solved some conflict situations in a team?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Received an email that I would be getting a call. Got the call and interview was natural and the 2 people on the phone were friendly. They had my resume and asked some questions off of that as well as asking me questions from the interview handbook it seemed like.