ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair at my school. They called me that same day for an interview. They invited all interviewees to dinner the night before the interviews so we would feel more comfortable the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with one of your professors   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK).

Interview

Campus hire. Typical interview process, with two interviewers and a focus on behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision...). After interview on college campus, invited to on-site interview. Three separate interviews with different managers. Some behavioral and technical questions and some get to know you questions. Overall, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team and a challenge that presented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Submitted my application through college's recruiting system. They invited me and 25 others to a pre interview dinner, and from there I was selected for an actual interview the next day. I'm waiting to hear back to see if I made it into second round interviews, which will be in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. It was a very structured process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

30 min On-Campus interview. Talked with one recruiter in hallway before interview just a simple conversation, and once in the interview it was strictly behavioral type questions. Be sure to be prepared to answer any kind of question like this they can be difficult to come up with on the spot. The 2 recruiters I talked to were very interesting seem to love what they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Norman, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Once you get selected for an interview, they first took us for dinner the night before the interview. Then at the interview they just asked the basic behavioral type of questions. It didnt really seem that they are interested or hiring at all. Not sure why. I havent heard back from them for 3 weeks now.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a group based project you were in charge of?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at a career fair and had to apply online by the next day on the university website. Started with a behavioral interview with two people but did not make it past that

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Flown in for a day long onsite interview, they take you out to dinner at night and the next morning begins with three back-to-back 45 minute interviews. One is designed to test you under pressure/figure out how much of what you're saying is genuine. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are friendly, welcoming, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of the oil business knowing it's not doing well right now?
      Tell me about a technical project you created.
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

interview with campus recruiter first, then interview with three supervisors. Interviews are behavioral but also include a few basic accounting questions about the financial statements. The company is big on having an ideal fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral apart for a few accounting and finance questions   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Collinsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First phase of testing was a multiple choice exam. First two sections are very easy since you pull information from charts, graphs, and mechanical reasoning. Behavioral section is personal info about you.

Data Integration Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed me once on the phone and then offered me the job. They usually have some immediate project need when they are hiring a contractor, so they would like you to start as soon as possible. If you want to be a full-time employee, it is easier to get on as a contractor, and then get hired on full time when they like you, than to get a full-time offer up front.

Interview Questions

• What type of Informatica Transformations have you worked with?   1 Answer