ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at a career fair and had to apply online by the next day on the university website. Started with a behavioral interview with two people but did not make it past that

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, Flown in for a day long onsite interview, they take you out to dinner at night and the next morning begins with three back-to-back 45 minute interviews. One is designed to test you under pressure/figure out how much of what you're saying is genuine. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are friendly, welcoming, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of the oil business knowing it's not doing well right now?
      Tell me about a technical project you created.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

interview with campus recruiter first, then interview with three supervisors. Interviews are behavioral but also include a few basic accounting questions about the financial statements. The company is big on having an ideal fit for their culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral apart for a few accounting and finance questions   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Collinsville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First phase of testing was a multiple choice exam. First two sections are very easy since you pull information from charts, graphs, and mechanical reasoning. Behavioral section is personal info about you.

Data Integration Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed me once on the phone and then offered me the job. They usually have some immediate project need when they are hiring a contractor, so they would like you to start as soon as possible. If you want to be a full-time employee, it is easier to get on as a contractor, and then get hired on full time when they like you, than to get a full-time offer up front.

Interview Questions

• What type of Informatica Transformations have you worked with?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenedy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Kenedy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

phone screening short and direct, really wanted to know me as an individual as well as work experience. 1:1 was very informative lots of questions and directions. had to do background check, drug test and security clearance.

Interview Questions

• job duties at previous/current employer   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Phone interview: Benchmarking supervisor Tom Hren called me for an half hour interview. He is interested in the CII project I completed and want more details. Got oral offer four days later.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me how you built the model for predicting the impact of change?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Relatively easy. Was the last one to interview for the day and decided to just review my resume. Ask indirect behavioral questions about my teamwork and problem-solvering skills. Should of lasted 30 minutes but ended up talking for about 45 mins.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with hiring manager. She wanted to know what kind of evaluations I've done.

Otherwise the questions were pretty standard. She also said they get a lot of submissions for these roles. I didn't get a call back and I don't know why.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

In-person panel interview with team manager and a couple team specialists. The tone of the interview was courteous and professional throughout. The interviewers allowed time to elaborate on answers and I did not feel rushed or grilled. The discussion was primarily technical and revolved around a review of my past work experience with a few behavioral questions. Overall, a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from an upset co-worker demanding an immediate solution to his/her technical issues?   Answer Question