ConocoPhillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied through college recruiting service, got an interview, and was just asked a series of behavioral questions.

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Selected for interview through campus hiring process. Had 2 interviewers. Ask the typical behavior questions. Example: Give a time you were given a project and how did you handle it.?I interviewed with the company twice in 2 years. The first time I did not receive an offer but the second time I did.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had to work with an uncooperative coworker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Received an invite to interview through campus recruiting. I had a 45 minute interview that was behavioral based and me walking the interviewer through my résumé. I was invited to an on-site interview, and I went up after a week and a half. I had three interviews and received an offer a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

I applied through the university and was notified after 2 weeks of an interview. Philips 66 hosted an info session for everyone and brought us out to dinner on the night before the interview. During the interview, I was given basic behavior questions along with a case interview. Recruiters are all really helpful and they try to make you as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? Why do you want to work in the oil industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pushy in terms of their offer. They gave a very limited amount of time to accept and really push candidates to accept. Did not have room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

The interview process was all behavioral, and very easy going. I only had one on-campus interview and the second was to be in Bartelsville where they are located.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, ex. Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview

Behavioral interview, followed by a "Super Day"

Interview Questions

• Nothing really...pretty straightforward behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Production Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus recruitment through my university. I met the head engineering recruiter three times- once at the career fair, and twice at on campus information sessions. Every time I spoke with a Conocophillips recruiter they seemed genuinely interested in me. Overall a friendly and welcoming company.

Interview was extremely comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker. No technical questions were asked- strictly behavioral.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for ConocoPhillips?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation over salary, placement, or benefits, which makes perfect sense. The compensation for an engineering intern is beyond amazing, and there is simply no need for negotiation. They provided housing compensation as well as generous monthly salary.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Bartlesville, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I heard back from a recruiter approximately 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I was told the interview would last 2 hours, but it only went for a little over an hour. There were three interviewers who took turns asking almost all behavioral questions. Though the constant onslaught of behavioral questions became a little daunting after the first 45 minutes, everyone was very laid back so I was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• "What is the easiest way for a company to cheat on their income statement?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was better than I expected so there was little negotiation. They were very accommodating when I told them I would need to take off a few weeks after my start date for a vacation I previously planned.

RPA Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Stillwater, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview through career services, I was interviewed by two men. One asked the questions and the other wrote down my answers. It was all behavior questions, and the interviewer would tell me which category of behavioral questions he was about to ask (ex: "the next few questions will be customer based")

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your work environment was uncomfortable.

Describe a situation where a customer demanded too much of you.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Northridge, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

They asked me your normal HR and situational questions, They asked about my Thesis, and I was given a seismic line to interpret.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting my first interview to be so technical.   Answer Question