ConocoPhillips Summit Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConocoPhillips Summit Engineer Interview Questions

Summit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed at a job fair and a site visit a few weeks later at the HQ in Houston. Interviewed with 5 different people who asked a lot of cliche behavioral questions from what I believe was a prepared list. Everyone I met with seemed professional and pleasant. Didn't hear back from this company for 3 WEEKS after this interview, but was finally given a verbal offer (salary, start date, etc).
Was told to expect an official written offer in a few days, then was asked for my college transcript which no one had asked for during this whole process. Didn't hear anything for a few days, then received a call saying they were retracting my offer due to lower than expected grades on my transcript.
Obviously I thought this was poorly handled, if it was so important to them why did they not ask for it before?
 I recommend you take a strong look at this program before you potentially waste over a month of your time with these people like I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your technical abilities to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ConocoPhillips

Summit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConocoPhillips (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with six individuals for approximately 40 minutes each and was taken for lunch with two Summit engineers from the summer before. Exactly 2 weeks later, just as they had promised, they emailed me their decision letter with offer. Approx. 6 weeks before my start date I was mailed paperwork for background and hair test information which had to be completed two weeks prior to me starting to obtain HR clearance in time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.