Conroe Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.8

Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call from the principal to interview maybe a week later. I had a team interview with the principal, an AP and 2 teachers on the science team. I was informed on the position and culture of the school. It lasted for about 30, and finished with the principal telling me his time line for making a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would the first 5 minutes of your class be?   1 Answer

School Bus Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process, easy to get through. a number of locations must be visited, so try to remember all the names you will learn. People are not enthusiastic in admin, but the shop personnel are fun. Have a sense of humor, sensitive politically correct technicians may be offended working here.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about your current job?   1 Answer

Art Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District.

Interview

The principal had already a candidate in mind and she just did the interview to adhere to the requirements. I was interviewed by a panel consisting of 2 teachers, the counselor and the principal.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

You and a room of 5-8 teachers and administrators asking you questions for 30 minutes. You answer the questions then have a chance to ask questions. The district has many jobs posted that are actually filled. So, you may have 8 people interviewing for something that is promised to a teacher in the building already. This is not disclosed to the interviewing candidates though. The title 1 schools have a very high turn over rate and that is where most new teachers will get hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with difficult students? How to you deal with difficult parents? Why do you want to teach at our school. What is you classroom management style?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The difficulty is getting fingerprints and background check. I didn't really have an interview. I filled out the online application. The Human Resources department checked to make sure I met the requirements. I then took the paperwork proof and they started the orientation process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current teaching certificate or the required college credit hours? You need photo ID, college transcripts, teacher's certificate and quite a bit of their paperwork completed.   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly average interview with the typical questions regarding education and how your math/reading blocks would look like. A difficult district to get into for sure! Looking forward to working in such a great district! Interviewed by complete Admin Team in a panel interview.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX).

Interview

Sit with benefits team, they go over your background. They ask a few questions about the job. They ask what you know about Conroe ISD. They go in detail about what they are looking for and how much you know about benefits.

SLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview- personal, asked relevant questions, two people on the phone. Informed me of what schools were available and what they were looking for. They followed up with a second phone call to discuss options.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience and previous experience with children   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District.

Interview

Interview was very pleasant. They seek innovative teachers so prepare to show how your unique style can benefit your students. Be patient, sometimes is takes months to hear back from them with an employment offer.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember - make sure you have a portfolio to present.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - simply yes or no.

Bilingual Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conroe Independent School District (Conroe, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Great interview, the principal, AP and coach were very friendly and positive. They helped to feel confident and to share my experience with them. They ask me about my experience and they ask me how can I bring a difference to their school. It really was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to their school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an stipend for my degree. I did not expect this but is good to know that they recognize your years of study.