ConsenSys Front End Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ConsenSys Front End Interview Questions

Interviews at ConsenSys

1 Interview Review

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConsenSys in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted on an initial call with an HR person. He was friendly and polite, and got along well.

If you pass that phase they'll send you a HackerRank frontend technical test for you to solve in 90 minutes, consisting of one question where you have to build a small form in React.js. They ask you to build the form and implement form validation and other few bits. Be aware the test includes unit tests, so you have to make sure they run green after implementing your solution.

If you are successful at resolving the test, soon they'll schedule a video-call interview with one of their engineers. For me that's where the problems began. The HR lady responsible for arranging the meeting sent me an invalid meeting room link, which if I hadn't been early in testing it and reacting, would have resulted in a postponed meeting, as the link provided didn't work. After a few back and forth emails with the HR lady eventually she sent me a valid link. For about an hour I had a technical chat with a Frontend Engineer from Consensys, who was polite and easy to talk to.

After the technical chat, which I personally think went pretty well, all communications stopped. Normally if there's no feedback after a day, chances are that the company won't want to go through with the interview process. I waited a day since the call, and sent an email asking for feedback, already expecting the rejection. My complaint is that I never got an email back confirming my expectations. Four days later, I sent another email asking for feedback, just to confirm my suspicions. Again, no reply. I'm used to handling rejections from employers, what I don't like is when employers don't have the courtesy of providing answers even in the face of rejection, it's unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about the different ways to deal with asynchronous calls?   Answer Question