ConsenSys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ConsenSys

2.9

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ConsenSys (Washington, DC) in November 2019.

Interview

Two rounds of webinar interviews. First-round was with an HR to talk about my general background , second-round was with the co-founder of the team I applied for. I was referred by a friend. From then to scheduling an interview took about one month.

Interview Questions

• How do you translate your past experience into management consulting for this position?   Answer Question

UI/UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ConsenSys.

Interview

Awful. They didn’t show up for online interview and a month later messaged me “hello” on google hangouts out of the blue. I replied, they said “I believe you are still interested in this position” and explained their absence with a trip to China. Excuse me, what????

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northport, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConsenSys (Northport, NY).

Interview

Please be aware there is a scam using ConsenSys as the bait. I applied for a position and heard from someone who interviewed me, sent me an offer letter, and wasn’t until they were sending me what they called a “sign on bonus” did I find out it was a scam. I left my current position because of this scam and am now unemployed because of it. ConsenSys sounds like a great company, but please be aware that this is happening and make sure you do your research if you hear from anyone.

I never heard back about my initial reach out and no one in ConsenSys has responded to my attempts to make them aware of this, so I wanted make sure it is out there.

Interview Questions

• All types, the person I was speaking to was very thorough and seemed legitimate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ConsenSys.

Interview

Apply quickly online, then schedule a phone interview. No call until 30 min after scheduled time. Quick questions, must prepare extensively to answer, and think on your feet effectively. They ask you general questions about blockchain and career aspirations.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ConsenSys (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

Google Hangouts with a bot maybe? Still in the early stages but wanted to read other reviews to see what experiences they had and maybe I'm out-of-touch with how interviews work today.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like strengths, weaknesses, who you are, etc.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConsenSys.

Interview

I had a total of FIVE interviews; some were one-on-one, some were with up to five people. By my fourth interview, the interviewer said he couldn't believe they had put me through four already. He said it was highly unusual, and that he couldn't imagine why I would need another. Then I had another. I asked about what the next step in the hiring process would be, they told me if I didn't hear something within 48 hours to reach out to them. I waited 3 days and emailed, but got no response. Finally, a week later, an automated rejection email came.

Interview Questions

• Blockchain questions. Some specific to Ethereum, some about PoW, etc.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ConsenSys in October 2018.

Interview

I have had 2 initial interviews for 2 different accounting positions. Both very unprofessional. The first time, I received an email from someone (there was no email signature with person's title) showing interest in me, asking what I'm looking for, would I be open to other roles, etc etc. After sending a detailed, thoughtful response, never heard back, not even a "thank you for your interest". Unfortunately I wasted my time a second time when my phone interview was via video chat. The interview began with the interviewer walking to a car, and during the rest of the interview he was in the car, while service was in and out making it hard to hear him, bumpy roads, freezing screens. It was a mess. I cannot take a company serious when the interviewers dont take the interviews serious and set aside time for a professional meeting.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConsenSys (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I saw the position on LinkedIn and reached out to a new connection at Consensys for a referral to an internal recruiter. After connecting with the recruiter via email a phone interview was set up within three business days. He was professional, insightful, and courteous.

Next, I was set up for a ZOOM interview for the finance executive I’d be supporting. She was very down-to-earth, but seemed a little unsure of the specific qualities and type of support required. I was left with the impression she was satisfied with the temporary support she was receiving and in no rush to hire someone permanent. We made tentative arrangements to meet at a local cafe that Friday which fell through due to a conflict. Although I reached out to her the following week to reschedule once she’d returned from her business trip I never heard from her or the recruiter again.

A generic rejection email would’ve been better than their disappearing act. It’s really a shame because I was really excited about this opportunity. If you have time to waste you should definitely apply to Consensys. However, if you’re serious about your job search and career, do yourself a favor and GO ELSEWHERE.

Talent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ConsenSys.

Interview

I sent my application via the site and was invited for an initial call, which was then followed by different in-person and remote interviews so I could meet the team I would be working with and members from other areas of the business.
    Every meeting I had was a positive experience and it is apparent that everyone is energized and enjoying what they are doing. Lots of bright, positive individuals who come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and sensed good team comraderie.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConsenSys (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a 1-Way Interview where you must respond to a video question. You are given at least 1-2 min response time for every question that is asked. They asked up to 7 Questions. You are also given at least 2 Attempts to for every question.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain BlockChain Technology to someone who doesn't know about it?   1 Answer
    • How would you Test & Benchmark your code?   Answer Question
    • Describe one successful Idea you've had from start to finish?   Answer Question