Consolidated Electrical Distributors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. All of them included taking numerous tests, which were hours long. After having to take all of the tests, I was promised to see the results, however that never occurred. I was already working when the manager sent me to take a drug test. After the testing, I was taken on a tour around the office and warehouse.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a strict $13.50 per hour or nothing at all.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Overall good experience. Met with the comptroller and my direct supervisor on multiple occasions discussing the details of the position. We went over many aspects of the company and the job details. The interview was not typical in the sense that the company was moving to a new location and they were working out of a temporary office. In my experience it was a fairly standard interview process which included meeting with multiple superiors and submitting to background checks.

Interview Questions

• Manually preparing journal entries for a hypothetical transaction.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Irving, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

You need to stay very involved in the process, this company has a very long on boarding process, I came in several times and met with different people each time

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews are followed by 4 tests two of which are cognitive and the other two are aptitude. One of the cognitive tests is the Wonderlic. The interview is informal and is based more on the willingness to work.

Interview Questions

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Director of Management Training

Glad to have you on board. Thank you

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Flagstaff, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Nothing all that special, it was an interview with the branch manager. I met the staff that was there that day. It was just a sit down conversation like you will have with many small businesses. Seemed like a nice enough place to work, but you do have to remember that each branch is different, and the branch manager has to send each new hire to corporate training. I didn't connect with the Manager well enough, and I wound up leaving with out a firm offer, or really anything firm at all. There was an impasse regarding what salary I wanted; I've sold too much to know how it goes when you give out a number to another sales guy. We never got past that, and I wan't impressed enough to pursue it further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Showed up pretty early and got to share some conversation with some of the interviewers along with other students. The interview process was pretty relaxed and they had me take the wonderlic test afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here in particular.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an initial interview and then further assessments, which were pretty extensive. I was told that I would hear back from them, regardless of whether or not I got the position and I never did. I found this very inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how prone are you to taking big chances?   Answer Question

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Recruiting Advisor

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. CED proactively recruits for our management training and internship programs at hundreds of universities around the country. We make every effort to keep... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Fresno, CA).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere. Interviewer was very approachable and easy to talk with. Questions were based on soft skills experiences like working on a team and leadership qualities. Interview lasted longer than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

There is nothing special. It's through a career fair interview. Resume checked in the morning and interviewed in the afternoon. First, introduction. Then they ask several regular questions about what do you think of sales. Why do you want to apply. Last, let me ask several questions.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Interview

Easy interview, asked what makes a good leader and personal questions about my leading and learning style.

Interview Questions

• Provide a specific example of where someone disagreed with your leadership and how did you confront it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just a set pay at 12.00/hr and and offer to accept