Consolidated Electrical Distributors Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Electrical Distributors Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Springdale, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at career fair, had formal interview the following day. Recruiter/Manager directed me to sit at a small table in his office then walked back to his desk so we had a good 15+ feet in between us... weird but not as weird when he took 2 phone calls even putting one of them on loudspeaker via his cell phone mid interview... unprofessional environment and lost interest after the face to face meeting. PS. at the end you take the Wonderlic test followed by 190 question personality assessment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Consolidated Electrical Distributors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview lasted two hours. The first portion was a normal interview. They went over the position and company, and I explained some parts of my resume. Afterwards I took an IQ test that consisted of 50 questions in 12 minutes. I then took a personality test (16 Personalities, I believe) at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and negative experience you had in your work experience.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

Had three total interviews, each one consisted with meeting with an employee higher up in the company. They were very easy going and allowed you to explain yourself. They did not attack you or really put you on the spot. Be prepared to ask questions about the company. My overall experience with them was great. They made me feel wanted and gave me the opportunity to differentiate myself from other candidates.

Interview Questions

• One word that describes yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 days. The days were not in succession, and the first two interviews were by phone. This all happened during xmas and new year holidays, so that could be to blame for the interviews being drawn out into a span of a few weeks. The phone interviews were to get a feel of the persona of the interviewee. The in-person interview is where things get interesting. So you go in, and they talk with you. In my particular interview I was given a series of 3 test.
    The first was a bit strange, and random. It was about 4 questions long, and asked questions like "Give an estimate of how many people live in "(Insert)" city, "(Insert)" state, US, and World."
    The second test was a timed Wonderlic test.
    The third was a psychological/interest test.

Afterwards, we spoke and went over test scores and how I thought I did.
    Overall it was a unique experience, and unlike any interview I've done before. The guys I met were pretty straight forward and genuine guys.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?(They do not want people that are looking to leave after one year)   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at career fair, got called within a week for interview. Drove an hour to the interview, the interview consisted of the manager asking me if i had any questions about the position. I asked a question and he started to answer... but his phone rang and he answered it and that concluded the interview. Not very professional in my opinion. After the "interview" I took about 1.5 hours of tests that were much like the ones you take in high school to determine your best career fit. Unprofessional and inefficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I thought it went well did a few email correspondence to get an in person interview. I felt that went good as well but two weeks later I never received a call back or email a declining to proceed with an offer, which was very rude. My overall experience basically let me know that if they like you, they will pursue you. If not you won't hear a call or any sign of concern from them regard you, no matter how many steps you took towards employment.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know more about you and afterwards they give you these 3 personality tests to determine whatever it is they determine.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (Rohnert Park, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by CED after I met with one of their representatives at my school's career fair and interviewed a day later on campus. I followed up with my interviewer by email and a couple months went by without hearing back. I would've loved to get a response, whether positive of negative.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our management trainee program?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

There were three separate interviews and multiple tests for this position. The tests are both for intelligence and personality. The interviews cover how the program works and questions on whether you are a good fit. The program is HIGHLY selective, so the interviews are pretty rigorous. It is an excellent program.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors in September 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter and a current Management Trainee at a career fair. We set up an interview for the next day. I didn't really click with the recruiter or trainee, making conversation seem forced on both ends. They asked me very standard interview questions. When they opened it up for me to ask questions she answered most of them fine. However, when I asked about promotional opportunities she circled around the question and then said "Sorry, that was vague." When I asked both of them what they like most about the job she said "Wow. I don't know. You go first," and made the trainee answer first and followed by giving another vague answer that didn't really make sense. After my interview, I was given 12 minutes to take a test. It was difficult and I maybe got 1/3 of the way through with it and by that point I had already realized that the company and I were not a good fit, so I tried my hardest but wasn't overly concerned with the results.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time that you had a disagreement with management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Electrical Distributors (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a short phone screen, everyone has to complete the Wonderlic Test which based on they decide if they would like to actually interview you or not.
    If you pass the wonderlic test, they set up a meeting with one of the managers. if you pass that step as well, there is one more meeting/interview with another manager. If he likes you, you are golden and most likely will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a positions are you looking for? Why would you like to work for CED.   1 Answer