Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

Submitted a resume and Cover letter. That was followed up with a phone interview through the recruiting team. The recruiting team was based in Houston and had members from different locations. After the phone interview, I was told that I was being referred to a specific location who was hiring. I was brought into that location for a half day of interviews. It started with a plant tour by an LDP graduate, round table interview with all the LDP Associates and graduates at that location and then individual interviews with the President and Controller. I was scheduled to also interview with the Plant Manager, but he was not available due to company needs. I received a call about the interviews within a few days and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• They use a behavioral interview method for the initial phone interview and ask you to answer using the star method. There were 4-5 questions they asked. They also asked about 5 and 10 year goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

Initially was recruited at a career fair. The company was categorized as a media company. Submitted name, email address, and GPA online. Received a call to schedule a Skype interview. Second round, in-person interview included tour of the company, chat with president, chat with LDP manager. Lasted over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you set a goal that you did not meet. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

I learned about the company and program through the university's career fair. I

Interview Questions

• I didn't get any tough questions during the first round interview. Just lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

Interview

Coming right out of college, this is a great opportunity. Since being an LDP Associate I've been able to travel and meet many people within the print industry. The interview process varies on which company you interview. My experience was a long process but not as intimidating as expected.

Interview Questions

• Print production questions (but only because I had no prior experience)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

Applied through my University website and had an interview a few days later. I was interviewed by two alumni of the University who now work for Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program. Asked simple behavioral questions and were very nice. It was a casual interview. I was asked back for an onsite interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any two people alive or dead who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2014.

Interview

Thirty minute interview, fairly basic behavioral questions. They fly you out to a plant if you make it past the preliminary interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Then after about a week received a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics.

Interview

Apply online and then receive a phone or on campus interview. Once the phone interview is passed you are invited onside to one of the plant locations where you go through a three part interview with current associates in the program and the company president. Since the program recruits from college grads of all majors, most questions are aimed at uncovering your leadership potential.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: strengths/ weaknesses, short and long term goals, tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Leadership Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First met recruiter at my school's career fair. Applied and was scheduled an on-campus interview. Person who interviewed me was a local VP and was extremely professional and nice. Called in a week later to meet for an on-site interview. Was then interviewed in 4 rounds. First round was a panel interview with 5 other current associates and management team. They sat me in the conference room and I was pretty nervous but they were all nice and easy to talk to. Then in turn I met individually with 3 other people from management. Was called in a week later to meet with the president. Very nice man. Thought I had it in the bag, but they referred me to another CGX company. Now have to start the whole process over again :/

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Streamwood, IL).

Interview

I first met them at a career fair at my school. Very friendly and encouraging. Then I had a one on one interview. Immediately they told me that I would be receiving an email to schedule an onsite interview. I met with several different people at the onsite interview. Going into it I was concerned because of the reviews online. Also, my degree in school was everything I would be taught while there. Meaning I didn't know if I wanted to "relearn" everything when I just went to school for that. They told me I would fly through it and I was offered a position early on during the day of the onsite interview. 6 or so mini interviews later (with different people) I was finished. Yes they answered all of my questions, but they did stress that this position is for someone willing to relocate. They also told me that the pay is not great, after receiving the offer details, it wasn't that great, but not awful. The people there are friendly, however, I am not so sure that the program is 100% suitable for a lot of people. Many people do quit, it's a different type of job. Great company, great people, but iffy program.

At this point in my life, relocation isn't an option.