Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the LDP team based in Houston, TX. They asked about my education, work history, strengths, weaknesses and some behavioral-type questions. It went really well. They are really friendly! I was called back for an in-person interview. I interviewed with several management employees. The interview process was long but it went very smoothly! They asked a lot about my previous work experience, extracurricular activities and what my coursework was like.

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Madison Heights, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

Very easy overall process. If they like you and you are a reasonable person they will offer you a job. If you have other options I would recommend pursuing those before considering accepting this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. You receive a cookie cutter offer and they will not negotiate.

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I saw the CGX recruiters at a College Jobs Fair and wasn't at first interested because they seemed to be looking for hard labor. The next day I received a text message from them saying they were impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. I didn't reply then I received an email prompting me to go online and schedule an interview. I still didn't do that so a couple of weeks latter I got call from a recruiter asking me to come in for a 1:1 interview with a president and I said sure why not, got nothing to lose. The interview was pretty standard, just asked to tell a little bit about myself and mainly wanted to make sure that I understood that the first year of the program would be manual labor and that I wasn't intimidated by that. Halfway through the interview he invited me to come in for an on site interview at their plant next week.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you/what makes you stand out?   Answer Question
    • Over the past year, name something either in school or work that you feel you’ve performed exceptionally well at.   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Laurel, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Turnover his constant at this company, and they have hiring quotas, but they won't hire someone who seems unintelligent. They look for sharp people who LIKE overtime - lots of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option, all associates are paid the same, despite cost of living differences.

Associate- LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Irvine, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was at a college career fair and the recruiter schedule me an interview for the day after, I met with the company president for an one on one interview. The interview lasted for half an hour and he asked question like " how do you think other people perceive you?" and " are you more of an organizer or creator?"
    Go prepared and do research on the company and the program ahead of time.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

Not a bad interview, most of it is situational quesitons, and the interviewers telling you about the company, and what exactly you will be doing. Want potential employees to know it is a hard working enviroment with opportunity, but hard work first.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 3 interviews that morning, a lunch, then two more that afternoon. I met some very nice and genuine people, I just found a better option for me. The president (Patsy) is very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Medford, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone else in the Leadership Development Program that is currently located in Washington D.C. He was extremely friendly and great to talk to. He forwarded my info to a local company that they own and I am going for a 1:1 interview this week. Most of the interview was him talking about the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone from a different culture/background.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in May 2011.

Interview

I was recruited and interviewed at a college job fair, screened for relocation on a 1:1 phone interview, and completed a site visit for a panel interview. I was interviewed mostly by other LDP associates, and spent only 10 minutes with members of management. They read questions off a sheet, and they are mostly all standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with people that are different from you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation--standard base salary across the board.

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in April 2011.

Interview

Interview is typically laid back. Wear a suit or the equivalent to the interview. Most questions are your standard interview questions. You will start with an on campus or phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on campus interview is typically 20-30 minutes with the president of the interviewing company, sometimes an associate, and yourself. The on-site interview is different for each company. Ours is as follows tour of facility, VP of Sales, VP of production, all associates of company, lunch with two associates, and interview w president.

Interview Questions

• People say that print is dying. Where do you see it going?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiating...It is what it is.