Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Graphics Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview that consists of 5 different people, 4 of them currently doing the Leadership Development Program. They all asked the same questions: tell me a little bit about yourself, and do you have any questions for me? The last person I'm supposed to talk to is the senior manager, but something went wrong in their print room so I didn't get to talk to him.

It was pretty unprofessional of them to do this to a job applicant, especially when this interview was scheduled over half a month ago. Moreover, many of the associates who interviewed me didn't seem particularly smart nor do they seem genuinely passionate about their jobs. One of them looked extremely stressed and keep bitching about how much work and giving negative comments during the interview, which makes me really lost interest in this company. My friend also interviewed in this company and they made him wait over half an hour and didn't even have a room for him to interview.

Overall, I felt like there wasn't an intelligent conversation even though I tried asking question for them to give insights. Moreover, they seemed to not care about diversity, values, and personal qualities. The only important thing seemed to be to get the work done by the deadline. If a good characteristic of a good company is empowering their employees and caring for them individually, there seemed to be none of that. Also, their responses to my questions seemed very rehearsed and sometimes don't really answer my question.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process kicked off with a phone call from a second year associate -- someone who typically has no formal training in interview-best-practices. During the interview, this inexperienced associate actually put me on hold so he could re-read the questions he was supposed to ask me. After stuttering through several behavioral questions (ie, "tell me about a time when"), the inept interviewer attempted to answer questions I fielded for him. His answers were unorganized and barely coherent. After hearing several of these botched answers, I let him know that while I had enjoyed speaking with him, I was going to have to let him get going as I had other obligations to attend to. Indeed, I ended the interview.

The second part of the interview process involved a group-rotation in-person interview. Essentially, 2nd/3rd year associates took turns speaking with me about my past work experiences, interests, and other unrelated topics. Some of the associates were very professional; others were less so. For all intents and purposes, it was an interview to determine personality fit. The only interviewer who asked real questions was the VP. After waddling into the room, she proceeded to scrutinize my resume and she then attempted to ask pointed/loaded questions. I gave mildly sarcastic answers, intentionally using large words where they were clearly not necessary. Strangely enough, she seemed to like my answers. Overall, the interview process is somewhat of a joke. Assuming you have at least mediocre qualifications, are capable of answering behavioral questions with the STAR technique, and can act somewhat normal, you will most likely be an ideal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use persuasion/negotiation.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone who didn't want to work with you and what the result was.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, and on-campus interview, and an on-site interview. The on-site interview is an all-day event so be ready. Also be ready to answer situational questions and be able to sell that you are a hard worker.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Lots of "Tell me about a time.." questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't count on it.

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Came across consolidated graphics at the University Career Show Case. I displayed interest for the LDP program since I already have printing experience. The recruiter was crey nice and professional and within 1 week a received a phone interview with one of the Project Managers at one of the CGX printing companies. Questions weren't terribly difficult, they were almost all situational. Have you deal with employee conflict, insubordination? Why do you want to work for CGX? They also asked my top 3 preferred locations to move to. After the phone interview, I wass invited to an onsite interview in Buffalo Grove, IL. The CGX company I visit was very impressive and the inteview was a bit more difficult than the phone interview. 5-6 LDP associate took their turns interviewing me and finally I got to meet the president. The overall Interview process took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Money. For my situation the salary offer was not enough. CGX does not negotiate the LDP associate salaries. This program is strictly for those that can live cheaply for the duration of the program (i.e. No family, No kids). I would say the program is well worth it, it pays off. That is, if you can afford to bite the bullet for 3 years.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with CGX at a career event at my university. The interview went very casual. Basic questions were asked like GPA, hardest think I had to overcome, a time when you mentored someone, and other typical interview questions. I was later contacted to set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome something in the past and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Bogus interview process. President came from somewhere and asked some questions just for formality. Then blabbered about his own printing press for ages. Then he blabbered about his personal life and I was wondering who made him president of the printing press. He didn't even look serious to hire anyone. Total waste of time.

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Orange, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was an on campus interview that consisted primarily on background and fit questions. The second was an on location interview that consisted of a facility tour, followed by a group interview with other leadership associates. They were friendly and easy to talk to. Following this, there was an interview with the facility president. He was both unfriendly and disinterested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Charlotte, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

The guy called me up and asked me some standard questions and gave me instant feedback on my answers. We seemed to really click well, and I thought it went great, but then they told me I didn't get to the next round. The reasons was that I didn't do enough research on the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied to? What types of jobs are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Durham, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially, I applied online via a college recruiting website. Then there was an on-campus interview which was quick (only 30 minutes). I got the feeling they were interviewing a lot of people. A week later, I received an invitation for an on-site interview the following month. I received an offer a month after the on-site interview. Once accepting the job offer, everyone has been really great! They really seem to invest a lot in the LDP as they send you reading material, etc. to help ease the transition from college to real life.

Interview Questions

• Because the LDP consists of learning things from the bottom-up you also learn the production floor. One of the questions asked was how you would deal with having a 20-year veteran from the production floor take the time to teach you how to use the machines, etc. when it's obviously going to slow them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate- we were told at an information session that the salary isn't really negotiable. Otherwise, the benefits seem sufficient. This is a 3 year training program- you're not going to get a great salary until you graduate and start adding value to the company.

Associate- LDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in December 2008.

Interview

Phone interview is to weed out candidates. Typical questions about education and experiences followed by behavioral questions. Typical behavorial questions - Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision and how to did you approach it. Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.

Onsite interview will consist of a plant tour and then 1:1 interviews with mangers and other associates usually followed by a group lunch.

Interview Questions

• How does your education or experience prepare you for a manufacturing enviroment.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join the LDP program.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room