Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in February 2013.

Interview

I met current 'associates' at my schools career fair and was invited to interview. There were several interviews with salesmen and current employees in the leadership development program. The sales staff seemed unintelligent and full of BS and the associates there seemed very unenthusiastic. The questions were easy and most employees just asked me to ask them questions. How unprofessional.

Facility seemed to be trash, and the employees seemed to dislike their job.

Other Interview Reviews for Consolidated Graphics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Buffalo Grove, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview that consists of 5 different people, 4 of them currently doing the Leadership Development Program. They all asked the same questions: tell me a little bit about yourself, and do you have any questions for me? The last person I'm supposed to talk to is the senior manager, but something went wrong in their print room so I didn't get to talk to him.

It was pretty unprofessional of them to do this to a job applicant, especially when this interview was scheduled over half a month ago. Moreover, many of the associates who interviewed me didn't seem particularly smart nor do they seem genuinely passionate about their jobs. One of them looked extremely stressed and keep bitching about how much work and giving negative comments during the interview, which makes me really lost interest in this company. My friend also interviewed in this company and they made him wait over half an hour and didn't even have a room for him to interview.

Overall, I felt like there wasn't an intelligent conversation even though I tried asking question for them to give insights. Moreover, they seemed to not care about diversity, values, and personal qualities. The only important thing seemed to be to get the work done by the deadline. If a good characteristic of a good company is empowering their employees and caring for them individually, there seemed to be none of that. Also, their responses to my questions seemed very rehearsed and sometimes don't really answer my question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Charlotte, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

The guy called me up and asked me some standard questions and gave me instant feedback on my answers. We seemed to really click well, and I thought it went great, but then they told me I didn't get to the next round. The reasons was that I didn't do enough research on the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied to? What types of jobs are you looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics (Durham, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially, I applied online via a college recruiting website. Then there was an on-campus interview which was quick (only 30 minutes). I got the feeling they were interviewing a lot of people. A week later, I received an invitation for an on-site interview the following month. I received an offer a month after the on-site interview. Once accepting the job offer, everyone has been really great! They really seem to invest a lot in the LDP as they send you reading material, etc. to help ease the transition from college to real life.

Interview Questions

• Because the LDP consists of learning things from the bottom-up you also learn the production floor. One of the questions asked was how you would deal with having a 20-year veteran from the production floor take the time to teach you how to use the machines, etc. when it's obviously going to slow them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate- we were told at an information session that the salary isn't really negotiable. Otherwise, the benefits seem sufficient. This is a 3 year training program- you're not going to get a great salary until you graduate and start adding value to the company.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in March 2011.

Interview

I met Consolidated Graphics at a career fair and got an on campus interview the next day. The man I interviewed with was the president of one of their plants. He asked me to talk about myself and then asked if I had any questions. He took a very long time answering my questions which makes me believe that he would have asked me more behavioral questions if we weren't running out of time. He asked me "What is the hardest decision you've ever had to make?" The interview ended with questions on my GPA and location preference.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was fine, basic behavioral questions. The thing is they were interviewing me for places where there are no openings so the second round interviews I was supposed to have (3 so far) were never set up. It was really frustrating because there seemed to be a lack of communication between HR in Texas and the three different companies in different states to which I was referred to to have the one-on-one interviews

Interview Questions

• Give examples of your leadership roles.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consolidated Graphics in October 2009.

Interview

Applied through my school's on campus interview service. A couple weeks later I was awarded an interview at my university's Career Center. Interview took about a half hour. There were two interviewers. The interview was a behavioral interview using the STAR technique(Situation, Task, Action, Result). Overall the interview wasn't difficult, but I wish I had prepared more. I think the interviewer could tell I was thinking up my responses on the fly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use conflict resolution at work.   1 Answer