Constant Contact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Constant Contact

2.9

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Constant Contact (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone screening, followed by an in person interview, in which I did a small amount of live programming. They were very nice, but ultimately looking for someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a relational database for a given situation.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The phone screen seemed more like they're were laying down details about the position and trying to set a time for the in person interview rather than your standard 'getting to know you/chance to ask questions' call. On the day of, I shadowed a person who's in the role I was applying for as he did calls. The culture is work hard play hard - something I have no issue with. My grievance here was their unprofessionalism. I was told that I would be contacted within 24 hours for a role starting the week following and they ghosted me. I've followed up for feedback and and got the silent treatment in return. I recommend a friend to the role before interviewing and they also got the same treatment. it reflects very poorly on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Pick a subject you're passionate about and sell it   Answer Question
    • Role play over the phone with a staff member playing a prospect   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

It starts with a call from a recruiter. Then you do a phone interview. The recruiter will call to schedule an in person interview if they are interesred. Once there, you listen to someone who works in sales make calls. Then, three interviewers from sales coaches and managers. They ask about you, hobbies, interests, past jobs. They want to know if you're coachable, how you would sell constant contact, how you handle stress and if your a fun person to work alongside. Questions like who is your mentor, how have you handled a dispute with a past manager, sell me constant contact. Then they will offer feedback and do it again. Use their feedback.

IT Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial interview began with 15 minute screening by HR. Once you pass that they will invite you in for the 1st/2nd rounds of face to face interviews consisting of 2-3 hours each. They ask you tech questions from fundamentals of DNS to Email MTA methodology and process. Then they grill on a the basic of networking and OS stuff. They have been known to interview many candidates for one position. But the HR is very cordial, organized, and keep up up to date of their decision process.

Interview Questions

• Describe how DNS works from the client to the server. Whiteboarding required.   1 Answer
    • Pick your favorite MTA and describe email server process in delivering email. How email is handled when it is undelivered. Whiteboarding required.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screening where they asked me typical interview questions to understand I had a firm understanding of basic algorithms/data structures. They also asked me if I was familiar with a bunch of specific technologies they used, but it didn't matter that I had no experience with them.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel comfortable posting the interview questions online so I'm just filling up this box until it lets me submit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

An employee referral led to a phone screen with the HR rep, then another phone screen with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a few other members of the manager's department. It was a straightforward process with clear, responsive communication. I took it for granted how organized and transparent the process was, but now that I'm more aware of how other companies operate, CTCT has a good system.

Interview Questions

• I won't get too specific here, but I will say:

1.) Know about the product(s) and company before entering the interview.
      2.) Be ready with answers to how your past experience and education support the requirements of the position you're interviewing for
      3.) Brush up on your technical skills, if you are interviewing for a technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair company.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

All team members interviewed me since it was a small team. Most questions were on the projects I worked and how I would interact with other team members in different geographic locations.

Interview Questions

• Java questions were a bit difficult. So study java in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since i was an intern there was no negotiation phase

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview

I approached the company booth at my college's career fair. After handing them my resume and waiting for a few weeks, I got an email and sent my available times for a phone interview with a team lead. After, the phone interview, I was invited to take a Skype interview with the members of the team. I was then contacted by the recruiter who called me and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview

Applied through my career fair and got an email for a Skype interview about a week later. I had been told the interview would be a mix of behavioral and technical questions with an engineering manager, but it was entirely behavioral. The engineering manager grilled me on my nontechnical extracurriculars and asked a problem solving question which I answered correctly.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Interviewed on two different occasions for Constant Contact. It was clear to me that they valued talent, especially people who had experience 'running the show' in smaller enterprises and start-ups. They emphasized the culture of 'no a-holes' and no blame.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to make a change (and move to Constant Contact)?   1 Answer