Constant Contact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Constant Contact

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with HR person, then another with a sales manager. Then two in-person interviews back-to-back with different higher-ups in the sales department. You will also sit in on a current employee as they do sales calls.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this pen." They WILL ask you this, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO).

Interview

It can take a long time to hear from HR for the initial interview. Generally the first interview will be a couple of hours as you will meet with about five people the same day and usually be able to sit with a rep to listen to their calls. The current employees are very helpful and kind. If there is a second interview, generally it will be a panel of higher ups or Skype interviews with execs from Waltham, MA.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will always leave room for negotiation. Don't be afraid to ask for more.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact in May 2014.

Interview

Super easy. Disorganized. Unqualified interviewers. Sat and listened to reps dial and dial and dial, then they interview you in a room with low level managers and they all ask the same questions that are already written down and then they write down everything you say and then ask the next question on the list.

Interview Questions

I realized it is a call center with scripts.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Several phone calls and in person meetings, met a lot of people from the team and got a good feel for what the job would be. I left the interview, meeting several agents, all of the managers and the sales lead

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Lengthy for an entry level position. I had a great phone screen with the recruiter, was set up for a call with a sales floor manager and was immediately asked to be brought in. I met with 3 groups of two managers and the director. This was the only onsite meeting. I was asked some standard sales questions but the focus on the whole process was based around how coach-able I was. They made sure to provide feedback to me on my answers and had the next group ask the same question and had me give a different example.
    After I was given the offer it took over a month to have a start date (must align with training class schedule)

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen. Then let me tell you how you did so you can sell it again to my boss.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. I could have asked for more based on my experience.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

They want to know if you can follow a sales process constantly and will also have you do a mock call with one of the managers to gage how you sound talking to a potential prospect.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe multiple situations where you had to display your sales process   Answer Question

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview

Make you sell something random. Be prepared to sell the product it's self. Have questions be confident you will do great they are fun but serious the job is calling on the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO).

Interview

They will waste your time. Too much of it. Two phone call interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the sales manager. An in-person interview with three veterans at the company. Really disorganized. I should have known better because things started off bad. Recruiter was late for first call, I had to call her. Second interview went well with Sales Manager and was advanced to In-Person interview. In-Person interview was with three "managers" or veterans with the company, peppered with questions about integrity, handling objections, and personal goals. At the end you had to sell a cell phone, twice to management. I was told on the second call that I had effectively 'sold' the product. Had the feeling that the veterans (with the exception of one of them) were fresh out of college and had kind of a pompous attitude regarding their position of power. Just seemed cocky. As I was leaving, the recruiter asked me if I was alright with starting at the beginning of their September for their class. I said sure, that was no problem. I have an income that can carry me all year, just need a 9-5 that has BENEFITS. Fast forward to middle of August with no response from the company, and I reached out to the recruiter a few times, only to find out three days after leaving a voicemail with the recruiter that they were no longer interested in me. She didn't even call me back, she did this by email which is pathetic. Thank god!! They just seem disorganized and unable to really pull together their hiring process. The office is set up like a typical boiler room call center. Waste of time, and they will waste your time and gas.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you were faced with a challenge you had to overcome to get a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO) in August 2018.

Interview

3 interviews. First interview was a thirty minute phone interview with someone from HR. The second was over the phone where I talked about my experience in Sales, 3 positive work qualities about yourself, then you do a mock interview where you sell the person on the phone a cell phone. The third interview was in person where you listened in on live calls for thirty minutes and then meet with 2 members of the hiring staff where you discus your experience, and do another mock sales pitch. Practice your sales pitch before your interviews.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time you were competitive   1 Answer
    • talk about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview

The interview process is quite thorough. I interviewed with not only members of the IT department, but members of other departments. They offered detailed information about the company and the position and welcomed all of my questions. I was brought back for a second interview about a week later and then received an offer the following week. All in all, a very positive interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why out of all the companies in NYC, why I would like to work for Constant Contact, which was something I hadn't been asked in other interviews and required some extra thought.   Answer Question