Constant Contact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Constant Contact

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very, very, very long. After the initial interviews over the phone, I had to go in for face-to-face interviews on 3 separate days with 3 to 6 people each day. Totally chaotic "process" where each person felt the need to sell you hard on the company. They desperately want to be a trendy web 2.0 company. Stroke their egos a bit, and the interviews are a breeze.

Interview Questions

• None, really. The technologies are just not that hard and the staff mostly has basic understanding of technologies. They seem to like to focus on new, exciting technologies for no valid reason other than trying to be trendy. If you know the basics and can BS, you'll do fine. Be sure to tell the interviewer how smart he/she is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not bad. The standard salary and benefits are decent and I don't think that they are able to negotiate much. I took this job as a stepping stone for increasing my salary from my former company with plans to move on to a corporate environment afterwards. I have since left and only spent a few months at this company. (They are dysfunctional.)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The interview process was great. It started with a phone screen, then three rounds of in-person interviews. I met with a number of people, but all separately. It was a thorough process and clear that they were looking for the right cultural fit, in addition to the appropriate skill-set. Everyone was friendly and showed a genuine interest in me throughout the process. I liked that they took the time to find the right candidate. (didn't hurt that it happened to be me!)

Interview Questions

• I wasn't thrown off by any questions. I was asked for my thoughts on specific business issues they are currently working on and how I would approach them, in addition to the traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The benefits are very generous. It's a smooth process, especially if you're aware of market rate for your position.

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, but fair and makes you feel great if offered the job. The overall process between my first interview and first day was about a month. One of the guys who interviewed me wasnt great but realized when he wasnt there on my first day why he may have been like that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me 30k to start and i said no, then the fancy recruiter offered m 35k with stock options (every employee gets this) and i bit.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with HR. If you pass that then you have an in person interview. After that you have to go in and take a 2 hour exam. After the exam you are supposed to meet with the hiring managers for an interview. I got an email a couple days after taking the exam apologizing that they took so long to get back to me (2 days is long?) and that all of the manager interview slots are filled up. Waste of time.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact in August 2014.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with a recruiter which went well. I was invited that day via email to meet with hiring managers. On the day of the interview I sat in with a worker and listened to phone calls for a half hour. Afterwords I was interviewed for about 40 minutes.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

After the 30 minute phone screen, a 90 minute slot was scheduled which included a tour, time listening to someone taking calls, and an interview with two team leads who asked demanding but excellent questions and took lots of notes.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Loveland, CO).

Interview

Phone screen, in site interview where I was able to listen to calls with a current employee. Interview was with two current supervisors.Received a tour of the site which allowed me to see a little bit about the facility and environment. Free drinks and some employee recreation on site, foosball, bikes, basketball and ping pong.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to assist a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constant Contact in October 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was a relaxed phone conversation with a recruiter.
    Round two was a phone conversation with a sales manager and focused mostly on learning more about the position as well as discerning the ways in which my education/background lined up with the needs of the role.
    Round three was a Skype interview--thirty minutes with two sales managers, lax conversation and chat about background, and thirty minutes with one sales manager which hit pretty hard on my sales expertise.
    Round four was in-person and consisted of a quick HR discussion, sitting down with four or five of the sales managers just to make sure you're capable of fluid conversation and fitting into the culture, shadowing your respective role, and a quick office tour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real room for negotiation--this role has a set base salary with a lot of opportunity for commission

Online Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, moved on to the next round and met with 3 people. It was for a sales position so I had the regular interview questions and then was asked to sell a water bottle. When I left I knew i had the job!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Constant Contact.

Interview

I had one phone interview with the design manager. I did a short introduction of myself, then he asked me a few questions about things on my resume. He also asked me to explain to him my thought process behind one of my designs on my portfolio. I then got an offer about a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thought process behind one of your portfolio pieces.   Answer Question