Constant Contact Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constant Contact Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Constant Contact

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Pretty simple process.

Contacted the recruiter who had previously contacted me. Asked about available positions. Had a quick conversation on background/experience and scheduled a series of in person interviews to be held that same week.

Came in for the interviews. Met the recruiter in the lobby and spoke with 5 different members of the team in back-to-back 30 minute long interviews. The team seemed really relaxed and friendly. Straightforward technical questions, shared opinions on different tech, questions about specific projects I had worked on, etc.

Interview Questions

• None. They don't try to stump you.

They certainly want to vet you and determine if you're qualified, however this can far more easily be determined with an open ended thoughtful conversation about software development rather than a "gotcha" question about some arcane technical detail   Answer Question

Low compensation package offered.

The job was enticing and I would never advocate for taking a position based solely on salary. For instance I would take 90k at a far more interesting job than 100k at a boring one. That being said, their offer was a good $30-40k lower than some of my other offers.

Other Interview Reviews for Constant Contact

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One Phone Interview, Five 30min in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview within couple of days. Then had personal interview with the team for 3 hours. This includes developers, senior developers, principal developer and the manager. Team seems very active and fun loving. But never asked proper technical questions and were more looking for personal project with Angular. Even the principal developer didn't ask any technical Javascript questions.

Interview Questions

• Make shells game on jsfiddle.net in 15 minutes (yeah, 15 min).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

The process was a long day meeting with about 4-5 people. Nothing too crazy. The manager started the process and then met with different team members for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to talk through the process of writing a sorter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screening that was about a half hour long. General screening: past experience, why you'e interested, etc. In person interview the next week that was about 2 hours long. Interview focused on past internships and then a technical portion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constant Contact (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for the SEDP (Software Engineering Development Program), a rotational program for new college grads. Very simple process overall. Was given phone screen with recruiter, then phone call with a tech lead, then brought on site for a (relatively short) interview set. On-site interview consisted of 4 rotations at 30 minutes each: one with manager, two with previous SEDP "graduates", and then a wrap up with HR. Surprisingly, absolutely no whiteboarding or coding during on-site, just a quick ~10 minute technical question. The rest of the interview was diving into my tech background, what I enjoy doing in software, why I applied to Constant Contact, etc. All interviewers were very laid-back and I never felt like I was bring grilled.

Interview Questions

Like someone else already mentioned on here, the compensation for this position was lower compared to my other offers (however it is by no means below average for the area). The larger thing that drove me away from Constant Contact was a feeling of complacency emanating from some of the interviewers. It seems like it is quite easy to settle in and get cozy as an engineer here without pushing yourself too hard. Other companies I had offers for presented an environment where I felt I would be pushed out of my comfort zone and encouraged to grow my skill set more rapidly than at Constant Contact, something I value as a new grad. I have nothing against Constant Contact, rather I knew I would thrive more in a different workplace than what they were offering.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Constant Contact in October 2017.

Interview

I went through a basic phone screen, mostly just asking about things on my resume, then a few days after that they contacted me for an onsite technical interview. The onsite was just one interview, with a few behavioral questions, a basic data structures question, and an OOP design question. Pretty straightforward process, and the interviews were both pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• How would you design software to emulate an MP3 player's functionality?   Answer Question