Constellation Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constellation Brands Interview Questions

Interviews at Constellation Brands

ABM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Constellation Brands in January 2018.

Interview

Not a good experience. I applied through a referral. I was contacted by a recruiter 5 days after. The interview with the same person that others here said it was a good experience, for me was totally the opposite. She was very rude, answering my questions with monosyllables and interrupting me during my answers. I think she didn't like me and just tried to hurry the interview, resulting in a very disrespectful experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your proudest accomplishment/ A time you worked cross-functionally   Answer Question

Constellation Brands Response

Mar 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We’re sorry your interview experience didn’t reflect our core values and understand how disappointing this must have been. We take your feedback seriously, so we encourage you to discuss this further... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I first interviewed on campus at my university then had a second interview in their Chicago office. Everyone who interviewed me was friendly and made it an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands in January 2019.

Interview

I had an initial screener interview with HR, where we talked about the specifics of the job and my background. Then, I had a phone interview with the position manager where there were a lot of situational questions. The next step was a case study presentation and panel interview, with more situational questions. Then a final phone interview which was more about personality/culture fit. HR was very communicative through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to think on your feet   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a variety of stakeholders   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process started out with a phone screen that consisted of some behavioral based questions. This was the first time in ten years that I was the interviewee instead of the interviewer. If I had to give myself a grade it’d be a C-, even though I had prepared. I was semi-surprised to get a second phone interview with the person that I’d be reporting to. Two weeks later I had an onsite panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Share with me your experience managing lab personnel as well as managing in a matrix organization.   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Lodi, CA).

Interview

My only experience so far has been a phone interview, we had a salary discrepancy, so we weren't able to go forward, but from my initial contact with the company it was a really great experience, the interviewer was warm, friendly and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you currently are responsible for in your position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Company executives welcomed me on time and were prompt for the interview. Respectful dialogue, interest from both sides on how to make a contribution. The interviewers used behavioral questions and were interested to discover my strengths and competencies

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the company?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Park City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. The communication from the recruiter was consistent and she always kept me in the loop. The process started with a recruiter phone screen followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager. The following stage was a panel interview with the hiring manager and two others. I then did 3 one-on-one interviews with the leadership team and finally ended the interview process with a phone call from corporate HR.

Interview Questions

• There were many behavioral based interview questions.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gonzales, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Gonzales, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who went through a standard behavioral interview process. We talked through about 4-6 questions and also discussed the job details. At the end, she communicated next steps and I was set up to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. When that went well, I was brought in for a panel interview with two separate panels of two and three people. I ended the process by speaking with the VP. Everyone was accommodating and lovely to speak to. I was then offered the job by the hiring manager. The recruiter and scheduler were great throughout the whole process, they were able to answer any questions and help navigate through all the details. I enjoyed meeting with my future team but also others in the operation to get the full picture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult or challenging employee.   Answer Question

Constellation Brands Response

Nov 3, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your interview experience handled by Kim and Kelly. One of our core values is people and we hope you sense that when you officially... More

Senior Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acampo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Acampo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview panel was very accommodating, very easy to talk too.
    The group wasn't very structured which made it feel comfortable and broke the ice
    The questions asked were very easy to comprehend and work with
    The team was appropriate size (panel interview)
    The entire process was about an hour and fully engaging

Interview Questions

• what type of candy would you consider yourself to be?   1 Answer

Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Helena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Saint Helena, CA).

Interview

Initial contact was by HR Manager whom proved to be difficult to reach, travels frequently and does not leave and "out of office" message. Once the interview was setup, I interviewed with the VP of Engineering, and two other peer Directors reporting to the VP. The interview was a group interview and took little more than an hour. Three weeks after the interview I received a canned "No Thank You" letter. Because I received no personal contact on why or any feedback, I tried to contact the HR Manager but never was called or emailed back. Were this an entry level position I could understand the canned response and no contact, but given this was a higher level position, I expect a higher level of professionalism than this.

Interview Questions

• If you were a car, what kind of car are you?   1 Answer