Constellation Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constellation Brands Interview Questions

Interviews at Constellation Brands

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Apply online, got a call form a recruiter in March. Then nothing for about three weeks. Then got a call to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and HR in April. About 90 minutes. Then I was told they were going to interview others for two more weeks. Three weeks after my interview I tried contacting the HR contact several times and never heard anything back. I think it was extremely unprofessional that no feedback is given or at least tell potential candidates that they are not planning on extending an offer or schedule another interview. After that experience I was extremely disappointed on this company. I thought they were professionals. It has been 5 months with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? All sorts of technical questions. Specifics about job experiences.   Answer Question

Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Madera, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call with recruitment, followed by phone call with director of research, followed by in-person interview. Gave a 20 minute talk about my work to two research directors, HR, and brand manager. Followed by questions and general discussion. Tour of the facilities. Lunch w/ research director. Everyone was generally very kind. Danielle Carson was the recruiter I dealt with and she was very responsive, and easy to work with.

Interview Questions

Constellation Brands Response

Nov 3, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us! We hope you continue to look for future opportunities at Constellation Brands by visiting www.cbrands.com/careers.

Applications Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands in October 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview with a recruiter after 2 months submission. The process went nicely, the recruiter was professional, straight forward, very specific. She said the process may take 2 weeks to move to the next phone with the hiring manager. I don't think I can get it due to my visa status. Anyway, the meeting went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is scientific method?   1 Answer
    • What is your most achievement during the time...(working place)?   Answer Question
    • If you have a limited data, short time window but have to give recommendation, what should you do?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands.

Interview

Submitted application online. Recruiter called and scheduled phone interview for a day and then proceeded to reschedule for another day. During the phone screen, he was very rude and asked invasive questions. Felt like an interrogation. Indicated that this was how the interviewing process would go in future rounds.

Interview Questions

• What was wrong with your previous job that made you leave?   Answer Question

Senior Winemaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Napa, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

A very long, but thorough interview process which showed the commitment of the company to want to hire the right person first time. From a candidates point of view this process really made you think about your position, your role in the company and whether this is the right fir for you. Much appreciated.

Director, Engineering Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Napa, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The recruiter, Danielle Carson reached out to me to share very insightful details about an opportunity with this organization. From the initial conversation with Danielle, I was very engaged with this opportunity. As a recruiter, she was very knowledgeable of what the hiring manager was looking for and could speak to many aspects of the role and organization very well. The interview process was very efficient and timely when it came to the initial phone screen with Danielle then with the hiring manager and finally the in person with the panel. I had the opportunity to also put together a brief case study for the team which was a first for me but gave me an opportunity to display my approach and skills.

Interview Questions

• Case study for addressing engineering challenges within ABC corporation.   1 Answer

Feb 21, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback! We're glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience and are confident that it will continue once you're on board. Cheers!

Manager, New Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Saint Helena, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted via LinkedIn by Constellation Brands, Inc. (CBI) Recruiter Danielle Carson about my interest in working in the Operations side of New Product Development. The first phone screening interviews with Danielle were more of a get to know you in terms of general skill sets, career interests, work experience, people management skills and general salary expectations. These interviews were very informative from my side of the phone as well, and Danielle provided a wealth of information about the role & responsibilities, company life and overall corporate strategy. Danielle made sure to give me time to ask questions and if she didn't have the info available, reconnected back with her team to get me the data I needed.

After getting past this initial vetting, the next stages of interviews incude an additional phone interview (~1hr) with a VP, and then an onsite Panel Interview (~1.5 hrs) with cross functional team members from Winemaking, Packaging and HR. I did have one final face to face interview with my new manager(~45 min) at the very end of this process before an offer was made. In between these interviews, I was in touch with Danielle the recruiter to get updates on timing of the decision making and interview process.

After the final interview, there was a few weeks of delay in hearing back on if an offer was going to be made, but I was informed of this process by Danielle and prepared to wait to hear back. All in all, I thought the interview process, from screening phone calls, to face-to-face interviews and final offering, went pretty smoothly and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Screening phone calls really wanted to dive down into my day to day experience at my former job, with a focus on my new product development experince, stage gate commercialization experience , cross functional relationship management experience and salary expectations. Fairly standard situational questions were also asked (ie. Describe a challenging moment when...).   Answer Question
    • Face to Face Interview questions with the three person panel interview dove deeper in skills questioning and people management skills. Each person asked questions from a list, and then asked followup questions challenging for more detail on your response. For this role, there did seem to be a lot of questions focused on cross functional relationship management.   Answer Question

Operations Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I first was asked for a copy of my resume during a professional association meeting. I then was contacted by and interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. Subsequent to that i had a Screening interview with hiring manager, which was fairly easy and not challenging. I was then invited to a Panel interview with HR leadership in San Francisco. The interview also entailed making a 15-minute presentation on running effective meetings to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance when you were not able to have a positive relationship with a co-worker or colleague?   1 Answer

On Premise Activation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation Brands.

Interview

Talent Acquisition manager was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Interview process is long but this could be due to the job being posted over the holiday break. The aptitude test is a bit tricky but not to hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to communicate through multiple levels of command to a gauge an outcome. Example of when you had to overcome adversity to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Cellar Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Constellation Brands (Madera, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and also an in person interview at the winery.

The staff were very friendly and the interviews felt more conversational than a formal interview, there were no "gotcha" questions, they were pretty straight forward. Most questions were focused on leadership and people management skills.

I did not get an offer, however, the HR rep Kim Bozeman offered to help me out afterwards and for a couple months afterwards we kept in contact through email and a couple phone calls. She helped me improve my interviewing skills and sharpen my resume and cover letters as I continued my job search.

Overall I was bummed I didn't get the job but I was pleasantly surpised how HR helped me in my job search even though I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

Constellation Brands Response

Mar 19, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Kim is great at providing customer service and I'm glad that she was a value add to you during and after the interview process. Keep Constellation... More