Constellation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constellation Interview Questions

2.9

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constellation (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. The client, Constellation, was interested in my background and invited me in for a panel interview. It was pleasant, not too difficult, except for the STAR behavior-based situational questions, about five of them. The hardest part was the manager was on the phone as one of the panelists and I had no idea he was the manager until the very end. The recruiter/staffing agency did not really know who was who or provide a good job description. The interviewers did not realliy have a clear path of the description either. Other than that, the interview was phone. They were going to make a decision that day or the next day, and said they would let me know, and the recruiter has gone MIA.

Interview Questions

• How detail oriented are you? Name a time a change was instituted that you did not agree with, your role and what your action was and result.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and received a phone screening a few weeks later. I waited a long time until I got a regular interview. The interview was rather standard with many behavioral questions. I did not receive an offer, however I felt that the interview process took entirely too long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your former job experiences will help you in this position.   Answer Question

Manager, Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had to interview with the Director, two HR managers, the HR Vice President, and two other business partners that I would be writing for. The process was very long and very drawn out for virtually no reason. They ended up stopping the recruiting process due to a higher position becoming vacant.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

First I talked with an employer at my college's career fair and apply the intern position on their website.
    About one month later, I got the phone interview invitation.
    Some interview questions:
    How much do you know about energy markey?
    Basic statistics problems. For example, rolling dies.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about energy markey?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process, they gathered up resumes and then made phone interview decisions. Thus far I have only completed the phone interview. They went over work history, where do you see yourself at the company, etc. Overall a positive experience. They seem to have wanted questions at the end.

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation in November 2014.

Interview

After the phone interview, was invited for in person interview. Six interviewers from different groups (portfolio management, pricing, trading, deal review) asked questions in linear algebra, probability, stochastic process, martingle measure, option pricing, energy market and various brain teasers. Very friendly people, great experience!

Interview Questions

• probability measure in pricing theory, why and how it works   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Called from an external recruiter first saying there's an opening and asked if interested, then had a phone interview with HM and another phone interview with HR. They decided to bring me to the office after the first phone interview with HM, and the second one with HR was just the routine process. Flied to their office almost a month after the first phone interview. Met seven people in total, each for 45 min. Almost all questions are technically based, especially energy based. People were young and nice. Office was crowded. Recruiter got back to me after three weeks saying they decided to look for some more experienced candidates. It seems they're still interviewing some candidates with PhD, while I only have Master.

Interview Questions

• Why should we use discounted expected payoff to price a thing?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

HR got my resume on the career fair and called me back half a year later

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Lusby, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question