Constellation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constellation Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation in March 2015.

Interview

I got my interview on the retail side through a connection at Constellation. I was interviewed by a few employees in the department on the phone. It was entirely "walk me through your resume" style, not behavioral or technical. I could tell they just wanted to see if I was easy to get along with, could hold a conversation, and had some internship experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your previous internships.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

First I talked with an employer at my college's career fair and apply the intern position on their website.
    About one month later, I got the phone interview invitation.
    Some interview questions:
    How much do you know about energy markey?
    Basic statistics problems. For example, rolling dies.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about energy markey?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Met the recruiter at the career fair at my school. Got the first round interview which is through the phone. The next round is face to face in their offices.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

only a round of phone interview which lasted 45 mins. Three people were involved, but only one of them was asking questions. It was not stressful at all. Interviewers were very nice. They asked me why I chose energy industry over others, and what kind of projects I have been working on in school. They also asked me what skill set I had and what skill set they were looking for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment process, they gathered up resumes and then made phone interview decisions. Thus far I have only completed the phone interview. They went over work history, where do you see yourself at the company, etc. Overall a positive experience. They seem to have wanted questions at the end.

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation in November 2014.

Interview

After the phone interview, was invited for in person interview. Six interviewers from different groups (portfolio management, pricing, trading, deal review) asked questions in linear algebra, probability, stochastic process, martingle measure, option pricing, energy market and various brain teasers. Very friendly people, great experience!

Interview Questions

• probability measure in pricing theory, why and how it works   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Called from an external recruiter first saying there's an opening and asked if interested, then had a phone interview with HM and another phone interview with HR. They decided to bring me to the office after the first phone interview with HM, and the second one with HR was just the routine process. Flied to their office almost a month after the first phone interview. Met seven people in total, each for 45 min. Almost all questions are technically based, especially energy based. People were young and nice. Office was crowded. Recruiter got back to me after three weeks saying they decided to look for some more experienced candidates. It seems they're still interviewing some candidates with PhD, while I only have Master.

Interview Questions

• Why should we use discounted expected payoff to price a thing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Constellation (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a multiple step interview with this company. I had a telephone interview first. Took about 30 minutes. Then, I was selected for face-to-face interviewing. This portion compiled of four different interviews one-on-one and back-to-back. This portion took about two hours to complete. Each phase was about three weeks apart.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Constellation (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

An inside contact gave the boss my resume, and I got a call the next day, and set up an interview two days later. It was a group of 4 people, and was overall a great interview process. It was formal, but relaxed. They asked me to do the resume overview, tell me about your school, work experience, and personal hobbies. Lasted about 45 minutes. Ended with them telling me what the next steps would be, and when they would contact me.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job, and where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about the company? Tell me about a mistake you made in school, work, or volunteering, and how did you correct it? What is your biggest accomplishment? Excel questions, asking about proficiency.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

HR got my resume on the career fair and called me back half a year later