Constellation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Constellation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.7

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

The process seemed more challenging than it might have been because it involved people from parent-company in Chicago as well as Baltimore. Phone interview with recruiter followed by face-to-face with hiring manager and key business partner/peer, then third round with multiple senior leaders. It started off very urgent, then seemed to drag. 'Agenda' for all-day interviews with multiple people didn't include job titles or address/parking details (which were the same as the first face-to-face, but still), and interview date was only in subject of email, not body. Initially there was no one to host me for lunch or information/recommendations about what to do for lunch. It seems silly, but how well one is taken care of during recruitment can be interpreted as a reflection of how one will be attended to/thought of when an employee, so those little details matter. Schedule changes came the day before and the day of, when new people were slipped into the line up/times changed. All-in-all, I think the recruitment process reflected the challenges the company still faces in balancing the merger integration demands. A lot of nice people trying hard, and...things are hectic so details fall through the cracks. That said, I'm still sad I won't get to be there to help.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you thought was going to be a big failure, but it turned out to be great?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Received a call to set up a phone interview, had my interview within the week which lasted about 30 minutes on the phone with the supervisor and knew within a few days that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an ethical issue you've encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Oswego, NY).

Interview

Got reply back with phone interview after 1 week of applying. Shipped to NY for interview after 2 weeks. Interview process was standard with ~8 standard questions. Received job offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to our department and our company   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted a few weeks later. They said that they were were impressed by resume and would like me to interview directly with a hiring manager. We did a phone interview that was very simple and more like a conversation. Within a week I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that I should know that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Constellation.

Interview

I spoke with them at the career fair and got an interview for the next day. I got the offer a month and a half after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Lusby, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was a day long onsite interview at their nuclear power plant. Dinner and lunch was provided. The first half of the day is a tour of the facility and information on company benefits. Second half of the day was a group panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Ontario, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

The company flew me out and put me in a hotel but my flight was cancelled due to weather. I showed up the next day when my new flight got in and was greeted with disgust by the interviewers for being late even though it was not my fault. The interviewers were very rude and I would never work for this company. The HR representative was very sickly and appeared to have a facial disease. The lead operations interviewer was very overweight and clearly unhealthy and was a very disgruntled employee.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic. I explained my experience and why I wanted the job.   Answer Question

The interviewers insulted me for being overeducated for the position and were incredibly rude because my flights were delayed because of weather.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Constellation (Lusby, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Was contacted within a week of applying. Hotel was paid for. It was a whole day event including other candidates. It started off with breakfast, some ice breaker, meeting other engineers and a info presentation. There was a tour of the plant following by candidates taking turns to interview with a panel. The interview lasted approximately 20-30 mins.
    I am still waiting for a follow up...won't happen for another month or so...pretty long lead time after the interview.

Instrument & Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Constellation (Lusby, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter. The interview was set up for a week later. I had to take the EEI Tech test (easy), They grade it immediately and if you pass you get an interview. Then I had an interview with 2 people (technical questions asked during interview were easy), they were very friendly but the male interviewer stares at you. After the test and interview had a sit down with an HR rep. I got an offer within a week. I still have to do drug test, psych eval, and background screening.

Interview Questions

• why would we use a current loop in our equipment instead of a voltage loop?   1 Answer
    • if you have a pump in a run of piping a dp pressure readouts coming off the piping, one 3 floors above, one in line with the pump, and one 3 levels below, which is most accurate? Will the one above read higher, lower, or the same? What about the one below?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was happy with the initial offer because it was substantially higher than what I was making. They pay well.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Constellation (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Th hiring process took a long time and it was difficult to keep in contact with the hiring managers at times.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR was not willing to negotiate on any aspect of hiring me,