Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

3.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a week or two of applying. The first step was a roughly hour long written assessment, which was essentially a case study of a financial market. While most of the questions could be answered qualitatively I think they're looking for you to use quantitative methods, e.g., run regressions. It was all done over email. After that came a series of three phone/Skype interviews which were a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I wasn't terribly impressed with the interview process. Several of the interviews started late (15+ minutes.) I was also told they would all be Skype intefviews, but some were phone interviews instead.

Interview Questions

• Based on a data set, is there reason to believe a given variable influences another variable?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

After the application date closed on the the website portal, it took approximately 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding the interview process. The first step was a two hour skills test based on real life financial case studies.

Interview Questions

• Auto loans are regarded as a fairly safe loan class. Why do you think consumers usually

pay their auto loan payments before any other type of debt they carry, even their

mortgages?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think the vast majority (approximately 80%) of consumers finance their

purchase through the indirect financing channel?   Answer Question