Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director's Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

3.2

Director's Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Interview

Found the position at an on campus career fair. Applied online, and within a few days was prompted to submit a written assessment, which dealt with analyzing data and correlations. Next was 3 skype interviews, one behavioral and two case studies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Director's Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a written assignment followed by two remote case interviews. The written assignment involved a two hour, short answer assignment. Both stages focused on cases related to consumer finance.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the issues associated with payday lending?   Answer Question

Director's Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in December 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process consisting of an initial application, then a written assessment, and finally phone/Skype interviews. I had one phone interview and one Skype interview, both of which were case-based. The written assessment was quite straightforward, though it's important to keep track of time as you're going through it. I was asked no fit/behavioral questions in the phone/Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I was asked were case-based—things like, "Walk me through the graph on page X", "What do you think this term might mean?" or "What are some solutions you can come up with to help improve X problem?"   Answer Question

Director's Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Interview

I had three interviews, an hour each, over the phone. Two involved case studies, and one was a "fit interview." I felt that the during the fit interview, the program manager was quite defensive about the CFPB not being a private company. The case studies involved quite a bit of mental math.

However, the managers of the DFAs have changed, and there is probably quite a different interview system now.

Interview Questions

• How does the mortgage market compare to other consumer financial markets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

The overall application to final decision timeline was approximately 3 months. After submitting an application, there was one written assessment. Following this, there are 2 phone/skype case study style interviews. The final interview is a fit interview asking about your personal experience with certain key aspects of the role. I was informed of a final decision via phone three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Case study consisted of questions interpreting the case's graphs and data.   Answer Question