Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Interview Questions

Interviews at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Interview

I had three interviews, an hour each, over the phone. Two involved case studies, and one was a "fit interview." I felt that the during the fit interview, the program manager was quite defensive about the CFPB not being a private company. The case studies involved quite a bit of mental math.

However, the managers of the DFAs have changed, and there is probably quite a different interview system now.

Interview Questions

• How does the mortgage market compare to other consumer financial markets?   Answer Question

Lead, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 4 individuals - 3 in leadership positions within the agency, 1 employee on the team that this position would manage. They were all very friendly, engaging. The interview process was very candidate friendly. One of the disadvantages of interviewing with a federal government agency is that it is difficult to obtain a status update - this experience was no different. I received electronic notification in January 2015.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either behavioral or situational   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in February 2019.

Interview

Quick interview but very incompetent. I was interviewing for research and I was asked questions by 3 non-economists who couldn't describe the projects I'd be working exactly except for telling me vaguely that it involved STATA. They asked me three very simple interview questions. Oh and they tried to give me an exploding offer. I had to respond within 48 hours. Fortunately I had secured another internship.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest homework assignment? How would you convey complex information.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone call with four senior economists, and they were all very friendly and overall it was a very comfortable interview. They asked standard behavioral questions and made sure that I was aware that I did not need to answer immediately which was great because I was nervous. Overall a really positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to learn a new program and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Chicago, IL).

Interview

phone interview, then in an in person interview with two field managers. These are the guys you will end up working for. So if it feels like a good fit, they will be your new bosses for the next few years.

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Very to the point, was asked about my technical knowledge and experience. interview by group of 5 people on the phone. Mostly focused on hard skills instead of on general traits.

Director's Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

The overall application to final decision timeline was approximately 3 months. After submitting an application, there was one written assessment. Following this, there are 2 phone/skype case study style interviews. The final interview is a fit interview asking about your personal experience with certain key aspects of the role. I was informed of a final decision via phone three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Case study consisted of questions interpreting the case's graphs and data.   Answer Question