Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Pathways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

1 Interview Review

2.0

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in January 2015.

Interview

After new years I received a flurry of emails from different teams at the CFPB looking to set up phone interviews. I did about 14 phone interviews (including some departments twice). Everyone was very nice that I spoke to, and offered a great deal of info. They all asked the same typical questions, and pitched their offices ahead of other offices within the CFPB. I really enjoyed getting to learn about so many different aspects of the CFPB, and had some nice conversations. I do wish the process could have been streamlined a bit, 14 phone interviews all asking the same questions was too much. The next week I received an email from HR with offers from some of the offices, and I was asked to pick just one to proceed with. Unfortunately, from there I was only given another week and half to accept the offer. This was January, far before other first round interviews had even taken place. It might have been a great job, and I might have accepted the offer if they had given a reasonable timeframe, but who knows.