Consumers Energy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consumers Energy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Royal Oak, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn at the end of May. I was contacted within a week to take 3 different online assessments over the next month . A personality test an IQ and math test and a customer service simulation with a typing test, where you would help customers make appointments and data entry. I was then emailed that I passed and needed to come in to take more assessments. There was 20 or so other people also their to take the test. The test was the same type of questions as the IQ test (logic, which word doesn't fit with rest, math, etc.) But more questions and more time. After the test was over, everyone but four people including myself was told to step out I'm the hallway. He closed the door and informed the 4 of us that we had passed. We set up a time to be called within the next two days for our phone interview. The phone interview explained the position and informed me that the drug test was urine and hair. The questionsecond were similar to name a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. I received an email I passed and needed to come in for the panel interview within a week and half. 3 people took turn asking questions and writing down your answers. I was offered the position the following week contingent upon background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't agree with company policy. What is your weakness? How do you deal with difficult customers? Is there anything in your life that would prevent you from being available at all hours? What made you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable. Union position with benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Consumers Energy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Two person interview after you're lucky enough to make it thru a ton of test. I don't know if these test are designed to see if you're actually intelligent or if you're glutton for punishment or to see how much abuse you can take. But anyways after the standard interview questions they give you a carbon monoxide detector and have you give them a sales pitch to see how you sell. They don't tell you how much you are expected to sell until you actually are hired though. Then they proceed to tell you about gas emergency calls and how you'll be required to wear a pager and be on call for emergencies etc. They fail to mention that if you're at the bottom of the seniority pool that essentially you will literally be stuck with said pager for the rest of your life. At the mercy of being paged in at any given time and held over your shift without much warning also at any given time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you respond   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary based on union contract

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Came in for a typing test and took several tests to determine my proficiency in the position. Met with the hiring coordinator and answered questions that were necessary to make a decision in my hiring or not. Waited for a call back for instructions to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about any customer interactions that you've had over the phone at any past job."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Royal Oak, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Several steps in process. First 3 online tests. After the tests you are invited in to there office for additional computer based testing for keyboarding skills, customer service handling skills and logic type skill questions. If you pass all of that then you go for a face to face interview. At that interview its a pretty typical interview they also let you know its a sales job as well as a customer service job which was no issue for me. They ask you to off the top of your head sell a product of which they let you examine for a minute.

If you pass all of that they have you go for a drug test not just a urine test but the hair sample and everything. once that is done they set up your training of which you either have to commute or they will put you up in Lansing where the training is located for 8 weeks. You must pass certification tests at 100 percent 2 chances or you are immediately released. After that after passing all tests and then passing certification by your instructor you are sent out to you new office as a probationary employee. Which means you work all holidays if you make an error whether as a new employee you know it or not you get a warning and then on the second time you get walked out. Also if your call times and sales are not in line you get walked out.

Interview Questions

• sell this product in one minute which was a co detector   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary and benefits are what they are no negoation

Anonymous Employee in Alma, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Consumers Energy (Alma, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was for a five-minute phone interview. Afterward, I was sent an email with a link to an online assessment. This consisted of a personality test. After that, I was sent another email with a link to a simulated customer service experience, in which I "answered calls" and chose the answers that best suited the situation. After that, I was given a questionnaire that asked how much money I've stolen from my prior employers and other silly questions. About a week after that, I was called in for an interview. Upon arriving, I was put into a conference room with a questionnaire to fill out with basic questions, including "why do you want to work here," "what experience do you have with SAP software?" and more. After I finished filling out the questionnaire, I was taken to a computer lab where I took an IQ/intelligence test, which consisted of 50 questions over 12 minutes, timed. You are not required to finish all the questions and they don't expect you to. Immediately after that, I was shown a 12-minute video about the company and the job. After the video, I was taken to the panel interview. There were two people who interviewed me. Questions asked were:

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your ethics and values did not match.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to delegate to solve a crisis.   Answer Question
    • What first drew you to our company?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with someone who was polar opposite.   Answer Question