Container Store Full Time Visual Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Container Store Full Time Visual Sales Interview Questions

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
Step 2: Group interview - group of 10 others and 2 managers interviewing
Step 3: Management Interview - Done 3 separate times with 3 different managers
Step 4: General Manger Interview
Step 5: Area Director Interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Container Store

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

lengthy, multiple interviews. Application on line, then a phone call, a sort of mini interview to check qualifications for the job applied for, invite to a group interview, then invite to a personal interview , then another personal interview

Interview Questions

• looking for knowledge about the container store   1 Answer

Full Time Visual Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Container Store in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview in a few days. Over the following two months, I met with two assistant managers, the store manager and the district manager. I felt all of the interviews went well and was optimistic about being hired (I was, however, concerned that they never called when they said they would to arrange the next meeting. Each time, I would wait several days past the day they promised to contact me, then call them to be told "We were planning to call you today."). They offered me a part time position rather than full time, but were unable to tell me how many hours per week I would be working. Because I am the sole earner for my household, I am unable to accept a job without an assurance of a regular income.

Interview Questions

The company was unable to promise a minimum number of scheduled hours each week.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Container Store (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

interactive, informational. kept everyone involved while talking about the position also met the zone manager during interview so it was nice to meet the higher up and get an idea about the company from a variety of perspective

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Container Store (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a group interview after a telephone interview. There were about 10 other people in the room. we watched videos,and responding to direct questions. We also role-played in sales scenarios. There was a "homework" assignment to research one item and bring in a picture. The role-play scenario really required studying the website and getting a feel for the store's policies without a net. They expect people that have sales talent, not ones that need to be trained. In my scenario a customer was in the store with their young children. Thinking on the fly, I neglected to remember to direct the customer to the website to shop. Had I thought of that, I believe that my chances would have been better for the job. Disappointed in my response, kind of blew it, but I may try again down the road. I love this store!

Interview Questions

• Not a direct question, but role-playing sales scenarios   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

A group interview to see how people interact with each other. If you are considering applying, i would research their products, especially the elfa line.