Container Store Visual Sales - Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Container Store Visual Sales - Part Time Interview Questions

2.6

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

Applie online. Received an email a month later to schedule date and time for phone interview. Phone interview was pretty easy regular interview questions. After the interview I was invited to a group interview. Group interview was all videos and then questions about videos. I was 10 min late at group interview and missed first video. After the group interview I wasn't expecting second interview but I recieved an email for second one on one interview. Interview was with the same manager who did phone interview and group interview. They showed me around the store and stock room explain the kind of work I might do and ask if I was willing to do it. They ask for background check and after that drug test. After the drug test I recieved an offer email to accept job or decline.

Interview Questions

• Q- tell me about yourself
    Q-where else u work before
    Q- do u shop at container store
    Q- why container store
    Q-tell me about a time u helped a customer
    For group interview you have to choose an item from their website that will make your home more organise. Print the picture of the item and present it in at group interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Container Store

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store (Webster, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Emailed requesting Phone interview. Scheduled group interview from there. Presented an item from the website that I would use to organize my home. Watched videos about company. I had read most of the info on their website.

Interview Questions

• Asked about specific experience on my resume. Asked about availability to train for new store. Asked if part time/hourly wage was ok with me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Container Store (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to setup a phone interview. Was called in to come for a group interview. Received email to come in for one on one interview. Received an email a week later that I was not selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Container Store (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Group interview first which was very easy. Then got called for a second interview which was a one on one with 3 managers separately. I felt it went well and one of them seemed very excited about the possibility of hiring me but two days later I got an email that I didn't get the job.

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

I first was involved in a group interview. We were asked in advanced to pick a part of the house and choose from the website items to organize the area. we watched a video about the company and were asked questions regarding it.

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

online application, group interview, phone interview, in person interview ... they do it all and it takes forever. none of the questions are difficult, they just want to see how you get along with people and if you can communicate yourself effectively. be energetic and positive.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you'd organize a space in your house with products from the store   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Container Store (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application and was called within a few days for a brief chat and a group interview. I was told that there was a "homework assignment": to choose an area of my home with an organization challenge and bring in a picture of a Container Store item that I could use to solve the problem. At the group interview the manager explained a bit about what it is like to work there and then showed some videos about their Foundation Principles. After each video she asked what we thought and it was a little awkward because sometimes we all tried to respond simultaneously and it was hard to make sure that I spoke up without talking too much and/or repeating things that other people said, but we just did our best. After the videos we shared our "homework" and then were asked to fill out forms showing our availability. The next day I received an email requesting a background check and a few days later was called to come in for a one-on-one interview. In that interview, they confirmed my availability, then asked me to tell them about myself. Then they asked more about my availability and asked if I had any questions. This interview was very brief.

Interview Questions

• Group interview:
      - Response to videos and Foundation Principles
      - What is your availability?

Individual interview:
      - What is your availability?
      - Tell us about yourself.
      - What questions do you have for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Container Store (South Florida, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Group Interview, other candidates came unprepared.You needed to know about the company and be prepared to stand out. After the group interview you are invited for a one-on-one. One manger seemed desperate to hire, another seemed more selective. If you are bi-lingual you are almost a guaranteed shoe in, they are looking to increase there customer base.

Interview Questions

• go through the web site and pick a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Fill out the application online, and they call you in for a group interview. The group interview will include homework as preparation, so make sure you do the work. They want to know that your passionate and that you're a 1 equals 3 employee. Meaning, one of you is equivalent to three average employees, productivity-wise as well. READ THE FOUNDATION PRINCIPLES on the website. Do your research.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the products in our store, what would you choose as your complete solution and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (South Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online and got an email to attend a group interview. It was scheduled about 3 weeks in advance. Also they asked you to do homework and bring in a picture of a product that you found on their website that you could find useful in your home. Pay attention to the 3 videos they play during the group interview, they ask everyone to give their opinions and what not afterwards. About 2 days later I received an email asking to attend a one on one interview. I interviewed with two managers. It was really relaxed and was offered a seasonal part time position 3 days later.