Container Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.5

RSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Group Interview. The easiest way to get hired is to have an employee referral. If you obtain an employee referral they you bypass the group interview and have an one on one interview

Interview Questions

• Typical standard interview questions. They are looking for a particular type. One who puts the customer first and cares more about their customer rather than if they were to make a purchase.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Container Store (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

it was quick, easy, if they need people and you have experience, they'll hire you, just look over some of the company's main information and do not go blind into. try to be as relaxed as possible and stand out by chosing your words carefully

Visuals Merchndiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for The Container Store and intially received an email back saying that they were no longer hiring but would keep my app on file. Then I received an email maybe a month later asking if I wanted to interview for early morning truck shift and I said yes. I was invited to a group interview and was asked to bring to the interview a picture of one of their products that would help me solve a organizatonal challenge in an area of my home. There was about 9 of us and there were 2 manager hosting the "interview". We were in 2 rows in a semi circle facing a tv in the middle of the store but it wasnt awkward. First had us introduce ourselves and then the interview consisted of them reading off a paper of what the position entails and then we watched a video about a typical day for a visuals merchandiser. After the video we were asked to comment on it and then asked to share our organizational challenge. No personal questions at all, only watched one video and we were asked a couple other questions. Lasted about 45 mins. That's it!! They then asked us for our availability and sent us on our way. I received a call exactly one week later with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Introduce your name and one fun fact about you.
      How would you describe our store?
      Amy comments about the video?
      Have you visited the container store before?
      Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just told me my starting rate and asked if I accept or decline. No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive vibes, be a people person but also show that you work well independently. Do your homework for questions about the company and what they stand for. Show interest as you would if you knew you'd come in and start tomorrow making 13.60 an hour, worth the time.

Interview Questions

• How would their products better your environment and life.   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and asked relevant questions related to position. Recruiter attempted to explain key focus areas for the position, but job direction, fit in the company, and key attributes sought in candidates appeared to be unclear.

Distribution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Container Store (Irving, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a short and basic math test to ensure potential employees could perform duties on the job. Then an overview of the company followed by 3 face to face interviews with different managers and leaders in the warehouse. Everyone was friendly and open, and the whole process was positive and organized. Afterward they said it would be 5-7 days for someone to contact me on whether or not I would have an offer. It actually took almost 3 weeks and I had taken another job in the meantime. Great company, great opportunities, but they may miss some good candidates with an overly long follow up timeline.

Interview Questions

• Example of going above and beyond on a job   1 Answer

Visual Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

Group then individual second interview third interview fourth interview phone interview. All was done with in a week time so prepare to have time freed up to handle the interview process.

Part-Time Sales/Visual Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

I first was involved in a group interview. We were asked in advanced to pick a part of the house and choose from the website items to organize the area. we watched a video about the company and were asked questions regarding it.

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email a few days later. The first email was an invitation to be a part of a group interview. As others have said, it included the homework requirement of choosing a product and then describing how you'd utilize it. I got sick the day before the group interview and asked to reschedule when they had another session. The hiring manager emailed and then called me the next day asking to set up an interview with the general manager, bypassing the group interview. Due to the holidays we scheduled it for two weeks later.

I arrived at the store and asked for the hiring manager as I had been instructed to do. After some confusion, they told me she was off that day. The general manager had my interview on his calendar, they said, but wasn't expecting me, whatever that means. Regardless, I was told to have a seat in the one of the chairs in the middle of the store to wait for him. Very awkward. I sat there for over thirty minutes.

The general manager finally arrived and introduced himself. We walked (him very fast, me barely keeping up) to his office and sat down. If it wasn't apparent already, it was abundantly clear that he was not prepared. He had not read my resume, knew nothing about my background, kept asking me questions and referring to the group interview I had not been to. He asked me very few questions but the ones he did were the typical "tell me about a time when". He was extremely long winded and talked almost exclusively about himself. Not the job or the company, just himself. When I asked what a typical day for the inventory coordinator looked like, he went off on a tangent about how they'd been looking for someone for six months, weren't planning on hiring anyone for another three, talked about himself some more. It was very strange. He used a lot of the "buzz words" you find in large corporations and sounded fully brainwashed by the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store in January 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with two different managers. By the end of the week they called to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Man in the Desert philosophy   1 Answer