Container Store Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.8

Register Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY).

Interview

Group Interview with 4 others, waited a few months to hear if I was hired - they were interviewing for potential future employees, but didn't have an immediate need to fill.

Interview Questions

• To present a space I would redesign, including pictures.   Answer Question

Enterprise Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I could not apply online, as the position was already closed. I dropped off my resume and was very impressed that the recruiter actually contacted my via email to let me know they had received the resume. Although the position was closed, they appreciated my interest. They didn't have to take time out to do that, so it speaks a lot about the company.

Lead Visual/Sales Merchandiser- Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY).

Interview

I filled out an application online. A few days later I received and email from the GM and we set up a one on one face to face interview. The interview was about an hour long and it was very pleasant and professional. That day she set me up with an interview with the Visual Sales Manager at a later date. She also wanted me to write an essay on what leadership meant to me and email her by a certain date.The second interview I was asked the same questions but was given a tour of the store and watched a short video. The manager said they would call me back for a third interview with the area manager. I met with the area manager for an interview that lasted a little over an hour. This was my most favorite because I really got to show who I was and what I could bring to the table from past work experience. She said the fourth interview would be with the district manager through Skype and they would call with details in a couple of days. A whole week went by and I got a call saying I didn't get the job. I was bummed!! I don't know how many more interviews would have come after no. 4.

Prime Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY).

Interview

It was about 15 minutes long. We sat and spoke about my previous positions. He told me what they were looking for, and then he offered me the sales role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Visul Sale Pat Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed an online application. The General Manager called me for an interview. I met with the GM and then had another interview with a manager the following day.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Container Store (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

Met store manager in person only. I didn't have any other interviews or experience to talk about wish they would have been honest with me. you can negotiate. Don't let them tell you otherwise

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work your way up from the bottom? It's required and will move up quickly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do negotiate. I needed work do I didn't

Visual Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview of about seven to eight potential candidates. We were asked to prepare ahead of time a small presentation in which we were supposed to pick an area in our home that we wanted to change and go on their website to select ideas.

Interview Questions

• What would other previous supervisors or co-workers say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can negotiate to an extent depending on experience

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview overall was very good. There were five other people at the interview and it was very relaxed. The woman interviewing us was very nice and she showed us a couple of videos and then asked us a few questions about them. I came in quite knowledgeable having read up on The Foundation Principles and other facts about the company, so I was very confident and prepared. We all went in a circle when answering questions so there wasn't any awkward "Uhh who's going to talk first" nonsense. If you got emailed for an interview, you probably already know this, but for those who don't they ask you to find a problem area in your home and then find a product on the website to fix that area, then present it at the interview and explain why you chose it. I felt that I delivered my "presentation", for lack of a better word, really well. I got interviewed 6 days ago so decided to give them a call. The employee took my name and literally minutes after hanging up I got an email saying they decided to move on with other candidates. Having been looking for jobs for the past few months I was realistic in that I may not be hired, but I was pretty confident that I'd get the job because I thought I did the best at the interview, I was dressed very well, and went in with knowledge of the company. I'm actually kind of shocked that I didn't at least get a second interview. With that said, still try your best, still dress well, and do research on the company no matter what. But sadly in this situation I can't even tell you how to stand out in an interview at The Container Store. Lastly, you're given a paper to let them know what hours you can work, including any days you'll be out of town, etc.

Visual Sales - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a group interview via email. The interview went super well. They showed us a video about the foundation principles and asked us to highlight significant points. They also asked us to bring in a picture of a product that would organize a problem area in our household. Everything about it was super easy-going (from the managers to the interviewees). I was contacted the next day to come in for a one-on-one with another manager. The second interview was on the sales floor and was about 15minutes. The manager was super nice and asked lots of standard questions which I will include in a subsequent section. THE PROBLEM is that they told me they would contact me even if I was not chosen. No later than the 19th of September to be exact. IT IS NOW OCT. 2ND AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A YES OR NO. It's so unprofessional. This is my second time having this problem and the last time, they called me a month and a half later stating that I they wanted to offer me a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Best customer service experience as a customer? Best customer service experience you provided? Why do you want to work for the container store?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The group interview was a very informative session with other people who have applied to the same position. There was no sense of competitiveness everyone was all around just being themselves and just answering the questions as comfortably as possible. Watched a few videos on the companies principles and learned a lot of information about the store regarding how they treat their employees and customers. Overall easy going interview just go in there and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the store and why would you want to work for them?   Answer Question