Container Store Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

Very VERY long. I met with several different managers and leaders who asked somewhat challenging questions. It was not at the store, because it was still in the process of being built.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions. Also questions regarding your leaderships skills. To my surprise there were no, "Sell me this item" questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Container Store

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Container Store (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

it was quick, easy, if they need people and you have experience, they'll hire you, just look over some of the company's main information and do not go blind into. try to be as relaxed as possible and stand out by chosing your words carefully

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive vibes, be a people person but also show that you work well independently. Do your homework for questions about the company and what they stand for. Show interest as you would if you knew you'd come in and start tomorrow making 13.60 an hour, worth the time.

Interview Questions

• How would their products better your environment and life.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview overall was very good. There were five other people at the interview and it was very relaxed. The woman interviewing us was very nice and she showed us a couple of videos and then asked us a few questions about them. I came in quite knowledgeable having read up on The Foundation Principles and other facts about the company, so I was very confident and prepared. We all went in a circle when answering questions so there wasn't any awkward "Uhh who's going to talk first" nonsense. If you got emailed for an interview, you probably already know this, but for those who don't they ask you to find a problem area in your home and then find a product on the website to fix that area, then present it at the interview and explain why you chose it. I felt that I delivered my "presentation", for lack of a better word, really well. I got interviewed 6 days ago so decided to give them a call. The employee took my name and literally minutes after hanging up I got an email saying they decided to move on with other candidates. Having been looking for jobs for the past few months I was realistic in that I may not be hired, but I was pretty confident that I'd get the job because I thought I did the best at the interview, I was dressed very well, and went in with knowledge of the company. I'm actually kind of shocked that I didn't at least get a second interview. With that said, still try your best, still dress well, and do research on the company no matter what. But sadly in this situation I can't even tell you how to stand out in an interview at The Container Store. Lastly, you're given a paper to let them know what hours you can work, including any days you'll be out of town, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Container Store (Rockville, MD).

Interview

First you have the group interview, then you have another one-on-one with the manager. The group interviews are very important to show how you will interact with the team in that environment. It is business casual, but it is always better to be better.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about The Container Store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was invited in for the interview process; starting with a group interview. The managers were very unprepared and the interview started 20 minutes late. My group interview also consisted of just myself as they were unable to get any other applicants to come in at that time. It was a very awkward process as the interview was held on the sales floor with guests walking around. I was not offered a position and I am positive it is because they wanted to only offer a part time position and I was looking for a full time position (which is what I applied for). I expressed that I wanted to work full time but they told me that they start their full time staff with only a few hours each week. I let them know that this would probably not be feasible for me. Had I been extended an offer, I would have declined due to the fact that the management was so unorganized and unprofessional in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• After watching an informational video about the company, you are asked what you noticed about the company and why it is unique.   2 Answers
    • They ask you to do a homework assignment of bringing in a print out or picture on your mobile device of one of your products that you could use to help with a personal organizational problem.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Container Store.

Interview

If you know someone make sure to add them in the Employee referral box in the application , they put those people in priority.
    1st: Group Interview: be as friendly as possible, make sure to smile (Seriously you need to smile a lot) , they also really are into looks so do your hair and make up for this one (but not over the top)
    2nd: 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers

Interview Questions

• In the group interview they ask for you to describe a product of there's, and why you chose it.
      In the personal interview they go thru your resume and just ask for you to describe the experience you had in one of your jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

the interview process was very fun, casual atmosphere. walking store, talking about product is key. we also did some role playing related to the sales process. it was a great experience even made a few friends along the way. i love this store. it's where i shop and now work. i have also recruited lots of people to work here as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Container Store (Schaumburg, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

When I went to the interview, I didn't know what to expect - but it wasn't this. It seemed like they wanted to put you through orientation before having to pay you. It was a group setting in a circle with a TV. We watched training videos and talked about products and plans we had for them in our own home. We also spoke about customer service. Then we went home. It was an one-and-a-half hour long "interview."

Interview Questions

• You have to do homework before you go in - get detailed information about what you want to fix in your home and how would you do so with their products. Print out the information and bring it in to talk about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Container Store (Fairview, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

After applying online, the manager emailed me within a week to set up a phone interview which was very easy. After talking for about 5 minutes over the phone the manager invited me to a group interview with about 8 other candidates. The group interview was actually pretty boring. The hiring managers showed many different training videos and asked us what we thought of them instead of actually interviewing us. The managers promised to contact us within a week but I still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult at all, but be prepared to interact well with the other people being interviewed.   Answer Question